V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for ideas for aftermarket tanks on a 03 FXDL. Anyone have any pictures or venders? I think peanut or something similar. He is my bike as of right now

·
Registered
125 Posts
Looking for ideas for aftermarket tanks on a 03 FXDL. Anyone have any pictures or venders? I think peanut or something similar. He is my bike as of right now

I can follow your thinking about peanut cuz it would look custom built bobber.. Sure would shorten your ride distance though. Maybe something thinner but stretched ?

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I can follow your thinking about peanut cuz it would look custom built bobber.. Sure would shorten your ride distance though. Maybe something thinner but stretched ?
That’s exactly what I was thinking. Just can’t find one for an 03 Dyna

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
125 Posts

There are many used on different sites.. Some are smashed to crap at reasonable prices and some are decent but $$$$$$.. Im looking to swap out my entire set of tins, so I can store away my gunmetal blue anniversary set. Im contacting every possible person with new or used tins to find the right fit. I want to have nice black color for new tins. So Im expecting cost for prep and paint also. . Im thinking black powdercoat fork lowers as well.

·
Registered
125 Posts
There are many used on different sites.. Some are smashed to crap at reasonable prices and some are decent but $$$$$$.. Im looking to swap out my entire set of tins, so I can store away my gunmetal blue anniversary set. Im contacting every possible person with new or used tins to find the right fit. I want to have nice black color for new tins. So Im expecting cost for prep and paint also. . Im thinking black powdercoat fork lowers as well.
Ok, so after a few weeks of shaking every tree, I found a custom shop that can get parts and paint them.The quote is around $2500.. Those are aftermarket parts. Im really starting to rethink, storing my anniversary set. I could have the tins on my bike, prepped and shot black for under $1000.. I can do the part swapping myself while the bike is on rack, having fork lowers black powdercoated.. OPINIONS AND THOUGHTS PLEASE ??

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok, so after a few weeks of shaking every tree, I found a custom shop that can get parts and paint them.The quote is around $2500.. Those are aftermarket parts. Im really starting to rethink, storing my anniversary set. I could have the tins on my bike, prepped and shot black for under $1000.. I can do the part swapping myself while the bike is on rack, having fork lowers black powdercoated.. OPINIONS AND THOUGHTS PLEASE ??
There’s a shop by me that will powder coat your tins and lowers all for under $500. You would most likely have to reseal or line the inside of your tank. They said the heat will usually degrade the tank lining. I’ve removed my tins in less than an hour. This winter I will be taking about my forks. Having lowers and both trees powder coated black

1 - 6 of 6 Posts