V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
I paid.........did you??
2,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know what aftermarket speakers will fit and work with an '05 Ultra Classic....front and rear?

I know they are 5.25" speakers, but I'm sure magnet size will play a big role in the fit.

The stock speakers are 8ohm, so by going to a 4 ohm co-axial speaker.....you will gain allot of sound quality and power.

Thanks,

Steve

·
I paid.........did you??
2,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I looked at HogTunes, but at $225 delivered........I think I can do better with an aftermarket name brand speaker.

Steve

·
Premium Member
99 Posts
speakers

I understand the $ issue, but, remember, you get what you pay for. The Hog Tunes are the best, IMHO, and you get a 10% discount by being a member of v-twin forum. Just my -2$en#e- worth.

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
Hogturnes

Not to be a pr*ck like some people, but if you do a search on speakers I'll bet what all these guys are telling you will be confirmed. Other members have tried different speakers and the Hogtunes always seemed better. I use them.
If ya want to invest $750 instead of $200, you could try the Hawg-wired set-up. I don't need any more volume on T.Bagger ('03 Ultra)
Also, Pez is a member of this forum. He'll be more than glad to help you out.
And the most important factor (to me at least). Hogtunes are warrantied for 20 years.

·
XLIII
10,078 Posts
HogTunes.
You can probably buy better, and you can probably buy cheaper, but I don't think you can find cheaper AND better in the same speaker, plus they are drop-in.

·
Premium octane member
7,381 Posts
Like Mega said you could spend $225.00 now and be done with it. You could also put polk db's in it. They will fit, but you will buying the HOGTUNES in a matter of time. You will not be happy with anyting elso. I have them and have never had a problem. In the odd case you do have a problem PEZ is the man. He will take care of you no matter what.......

·
I paid.........did you??
2,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I did some searching around for speakers.........and to get something pretty good in an aftermarket speaker, it looks like right around $80 pair.

So I think you all are right............$200 for the HogTunes looks like the best bet.

I didn't realize there was a 20 year warranty on them......that alone makes the extra money worth it.

Thanks all.

Steve

·
Registered
165 Posts
I replaced my original speakers with HOG TUNES, and as far as I'm concerned, it was the best audio investment I could have made. The company is great, the warranty is great, and the service is great.

I have compared my HOG TUNES to a set of JIMS, and there is no comparison. The HOG TUNES are louder crisper and clearer, and the price is just about the same.

Regards,

Bill

·
Registered
37 Posts
I bought $18 wal mart speakers, I think they are roadmasters or something. Sound much better than stock, but I can't compare to anything else. I heard about these from another forum and I'm pretty happy. Not sure they will fit in the rear speaker pods, but they work in the front. I'd say 1/2 volume with these = full volume with stock.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts