V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for opinions on aftermarket seats for my 99 Road King. I like the looks of the Corbin Seats, but I would like some feed back with personal experience.

Thanks.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I just purchased a Corbin Touring saddle for my RK Classic. I really like it. My woman especially likes it. The stock classic seat is kind of narrow. The driver portion is 14 inch and passenger is 13 inch wide. The seats are hand made though so a perfect fit is hard to get. For me it was anyway. It has been sent back to Corbin right now to be adjusted for a better fit. Overall I really like it though. It is harder than the OEM seat.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
bigtime said:
The seats are hand made though so a perfect fit is hard to get. For me it was anyway. It has been sent back to Corbin right now to be adjusted for a better fit. Overall I really like it though. It is harder than the OEM seat.
Was Corbin helpful in correcting the problem with the seat? What type of change did they have to make to the seat to make it work for you?

·
Registered
70 Posts
I bought the seat through my HD dealer. They handled the phone calls for me. They said that Corbin was very helpful and gave no trouble. Had to ship it too CA though. Could possibly be a three week deal, hopefully not since I just bought it. The problem was that it was not fitting against the gas tank right. When I would put the screw in the back, The front had about a half inch gap. More of a gap on the right than the left. You could see the gap at the end of the speedo console. Corbin said that they would unstich and readjust the foam. I personally think they will just send a different seat. Corbin appoligized and said that since the seats are custom made it was hard to get a fit for every bike. The seat did fit well everywhere else. It is a harder seat than the OEM seat. If you like a soft seat you might want to set on another bike with one installed before you buy one.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
bigtime,

thanks for the information. I will be doing some serious research over the next few months before I lay down any cash for the seat.

·
Registered
70 Posts
You are more than welcome. I just wish I would have new about this site before some of the purchases I made. Feel free to ask me anything else you might think of later. I dont know much but I might be able to help you a little.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts