V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As an original owner of the new V-Rod, it became readily apparent that The Motor Company designed the V-Rod in a fashion so as to thwart competition by the aftermarket parts manufacturers. A case in point is found in the angle at which the rider's and passenger's foot pegs are mounted. Any flat-designed foot pegs (even including pre-VRSCA Harley-Davidson flat pegs) simply are not compatible. While they will fit, the angle is off by at least 30 degrees, thereby rendering them impractible. A good example is found in Joker Machine's "heal-peg" design. I made them fit my V-Rod, but this involved drilling and threading a new hole on each of the footpeg mounting studs (Part No. 50809-02). Another example is found in trying to use aftermarket passenger pegs. This entailed having to file down a small tip on the rear passenger footpeg brackets (Part No. 51000-02) so that the passenger pegs would be able to fully retract when not in use. This was alot of unnecessary trouble. Also, was there any anti-aftermarket sentiment in mind behind the all-metric design of the V-Rod? Indeed, like it or not, VRSC is the new family of Harley-Davidson. Its foothold will become far more prevalent when the 2003 models are unveiled on July 19th at the Atlanta Motor Speedway. I understand the colors will be black an silver.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts