V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Why do you think harley took 5 years and did so much reseach? To get it RIGHT!
Why change anything?
ride safe
vrodtom

·
Registered
150 Posts
I have read the article before and I feel this guy's pain but as I have said before, there is one solution to the sound/performance vs H-D warranty protection and it is the SE 16 gauge.

I got my 16 gauge for the same cost as the SE1's (slip ons) and the 16 gauge are a major improvement vs the slip ons in terms of sound. However, I have not Dyno'd the bike but I cannot say that performance feels very much different from stock. But while it probably is at higher RPM's, that is not the real point of why I changed it. The point is design and sound improvement and I am happy with maintained performance as long as the warranty remains in place.

·
Registered
40 Posts
When I purchased my SE1 slip on's I could feel the difference in the bike. All of the dyno results I have seen to date indicate they are the best choice for performance.

I still can't figure out why people want a sound that sets of car alarms and wakes the dead. If you wanted the traditional Harley sound maybe you should have gotten a traditional HOG. I bought the V-Rod because it wasn't the same old 50's technology they have been pedaling for so many years.

·
Registered
98 Posts
my mods to the se-1s, are tried and true! i have almost 14 thousand miles on it now and its never ran better. everywhere i go, i get remarks about the neat exhaust note. i have lost a ton of money experimenting with another brand (son of sams aka shyster). if you want it to run good and sound good, modify yours like i did and dont forget to relocate the temp sensor. cant do much about the looks though, but if the bike came with straight pipes, everyone would spend a grand to get ones like come stock.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts