V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Premium Member
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ran across this while rather bored this afternoon. It lets you search for approved "devices" for California vehicles. Not much in the way of bike stuff, mostly cars. I suspect the list will be pretty much the same for the rest of the country for 2006 and later bikes.
At least the EPA rules let you make changes as long as you can still meet the emmissions requirements for your year/size bike. It looks like California makes you get each and every change approved, very costly no doubt.

http://www.arb.ca.gov/msprog/aftermkt/devices/amquery.php

·
Highly Seasoned Rider!
4,884 Posts
Fatb0y said:
Just another reason to not live in that state.

Everybody's got to be somewhere.

That said, California is paradise as far as I'm concerned. The Smog laws and other BS will be coming your way, sooner or later. The US will eventually get a democrat in the presidency and that will be the end of your free ride as far as control and pollution issues.

Keep smiling. :corn:

·
Incredible
3,029 Posts
newultraclassic said:
Everybody's got to be somewhere.

The Smog laws and other BS will be coming your way, sooner or later.

The US will eventually get a democrat in the presidency and that will be the end of your free ride as far as control and pollution issues.

Not if people like me keep on fighting for personal freedoms.

End of my free ride? Not sure what you meant there. I have never had a "free" ride. I just vote for people that don't spread the lie that is "Climate Change". I am always amazed by the lies that people will believe. Climate change, you know the same thing that used to be called "Global Warming" :roflback: Even the orignal scientist that discovered so called "Global Warming" LOL I always laugh, repealled his own findings stating it doesn't exist. It is amazing that one volcanic eruption releases more emissions than all cars have released since their inception. But what do I know. Only the facts. :)

If Califronia wants to leed the nation in unneeded laws, frivilous lawsuits, and other loss of freedoms to its residents so be it. We just need to make sure that it stays in Cali. The rest of the nation doesn't need it. Never has.

·
Premium Member
495 Posts
newultraclassic said:
The US will eventually get a democrat in the presidency and that will be the end of your free ride as far as control and pollution issues.

And this is a good thing???????:confused: :confused:

Teu

·
04 Super Glide Sport
290 Posts
Yeah, those are the same brilliant people who forced the California refineries to put MTBE in all the fuel, with catastrophic consequences. We supposedly made emissions cleaner at the expense of toxic contamination to the ground water, lakes, rivers, etc. Brilliant!*TIBS* :beatdh: :thumbsdn:

·
DHARMA Initiative
5,678 Posts
Fatb0y said:
Amen!! :clap: {salute(

·
Registered
186 Posts
You are right on the money Fatb0y!!!

I spent my youth and college years and worked there for 20 years and saw the state go from a great place to live to a "Lets give your Tax Dollars to MOOCHES" all for a feel good mentality. More BS laws than you can dream up. My parents lived there as well as my brother till their untimely deaths and when I talked to them they would always tell me about the latest BS. I am glad I left and moved to where the old west lives. Although alot of those "Bunny huggers, feel gooders, and eastern idiots are coming here trying to spread their elitest BS here. :2flips: These people are long on BS and short on common sense. I lived just outside of Sacramento and thought it was great. Two hours from divning and two hours from skiing. Once I left I go to visit but will never go back till they straighten out the politics. Just a few of my thoughts
DJ

·
Registered
432 Posts
If Califronia wants to leed the nation in unneeded laws, frivilous lawsuits, and other loss of freedoms to its residents so be it. We just need to make sure that it stays in Cali. The rest of the nation doesn't need it. Never has.[/QUOTE]

For someone who doesn't live here you have a lot of oppinions about us. It's too bad you only believe part of what you read, the part that fits your twisted way of thinking, and not and not all the facts.

·
Registered
186 Posts
not one sided...have seen the damage

I spent 30 years of my life there and saw the devestation that liberals brought to the state with BS laws and give away programs...Think I have more knowledge than most. it WAS a great place to live but not anymore. Just went back there last summer to arrange for a funeral and it was not like it was before. What a mess. My cousins complain about the silly taxes and I can state from experience that it is not a nice place to live. More freeloaders than workers and they wonder why the taxes are so high. And smog laws...the air is cleaner now than when I was a kid with twice the cars on the road and they still think it has to be stricter. Not much common sense. And the smog laws are not what caused that. It was the car companies. Brown outs are now a way of life thanks to the non building of new dams or power plants. PG&E is fit to be tied but everyone wants their electrical power. Yeah...where is hte common sense. You can walk as long as the elitest pricks get to drive.
DJ

·
Highly Seasoned Rider!
4,884 Posts
98rk said:
If Califronia wants to leed the nation in unneeded laws, frivilous lawsuits, and other loss of freedoms to its residents so be it. We just need to make sure that it stays in Cali. The rest of the nation doesn't need it. Never has.
(Quoted from Fatboy by 98rk)

For someone who doesn't live here you have a lot of opinions about us. It's too bad you only believe part of what you read, the part that fits your twisted way of thinking, and not and not all the facts.[/QUOTE] (Quoted from 98rk by me)

I have to concur. If we have to explain, maybe they won't understand. :) (Quoted from a Harley T-Shirt....I couldn't resist that.....)

My point was that many of the so-called anti-pollution laws and specifications get made in California and will eventually, in my opinion at least, be adopted by the feds and the states.

As to free ride, I mean open exhausts and no testing of motorcycles. Eventually this will be changed to heavier enforcement and possible hot-testiing of newer bikes.

BTW, f you don't like California, if's alright with me and, I suspect, with 98rk. I won't tell you what I really think about Tennessee. :)

·
Banned
5,329 Posts
Fatb0y said:

End of my free ride? Not sure what you meant there. I have never had a "free" ride. I just vote for people that don't spread the lie that is "Climate Change". I am always amazed by the lies that people will believe. Climate change, you know the same thing that used to be called "Global Warming" :roflback: Even the orignal scientist that discovered so called "Global Warming" LOL I always laugh, repealled his own findings stating it doesn't exist. It is amazing that one volcanic eruption releases more emissions than all cars have released since their inception. But what do I know. Only the facts. :)

California will not be recognizable in 40 years. The Liberal's time has come to an end. There is no profit in it and society is moving away from give aways. Economy is the watch word. Not dis-economy.

·
Registered
432 Posts
BTW, f you don't like California, if's alright with me and, I suspect, with 98rk. I won't tell you what I really think about Tennessee. :)[/QUOTE]

AMEN!

·
Banned
5,329 Posts
Phil P. said:
There is the saying that goes, "As California goes...so goes the nation."
OUCH!!!
I wonder how long California will continue to give illegals 200 MILLION DOLLARS of free money each year? Education, healthcare, money drained and sent south of the boarder. I wonder. Isnt CA the state where the money tree grows?

·
Banned
5,329 Posts
98rk said:
For someone who doesn't live here you have a lot of oppinions about us. It's too bad you only believe part of what you read, the part that fits your twisted way of thinking, and not and not all the facts.[/QUOTE]

How are your second amendment rights there in CA? Remember, the US Constitution says you, your person, has a RIGHT to be armed. Not a privledge to be armed. If someone breaks into your home in the dark of the night, what does CA say your duty is? Please tell us about life in CA.

·
Banned
5,329 Posts
I find it extremely interesting that Hollywood just so happened to spring up in CA. Its like the coincidence that a boil pops up on your ass.

·
Banned
2,502 Posts
geoffreyt said:
How are your second amendment rights there in CA? Remember, the US Constitution says you, your person, has a RIGHT to be armed. Not a privledge to be armed. If someone breaks into your home in the dark of the night, what does CA say your duty is? .
You can shoot them as long as they are in the house.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts