V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Ironbutt
7,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for some recomendations for turn signals for my new (used) XL1200S. I want them to be small yet visible and i'm going to relocate the front to the forks. The last aftermaket set i purchased, which was years ago for an old shovel, were poor quality and the bulbs were constantly going out - don't want to go down that road again.

·
Registered
5,824 Posts
just my .02, stay away from Kuryakyn crap. Put aset of the LED turn signal mirrrors on my 'tail just this spring and the chrome is already pitting and flaking..... cheap ass crap......

·
Ironbutt
7,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Ironbutt
7,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Shaw_2112 said:
just my .02, stay away from Kuryakyn crap. Put aset of the LED turn signal mirrrors on my 'tail just this spring and the chrome is already pitting and flaking..... cheap ass crap......
I was talking with a good friend of mine last week. He owns an Indy shop and does some work for me occasionally. Anyway, he said the EPA has nearly put a stop to the chroming industry. Something about a hazardous by-product from the process. He said that's why the good qualilty chrome is really expensive. The cheaper stuff is made using a different process without the same hazards, but the downside is less quality. I don't know crap about this - just what HE told me.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts