V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it a must? Here is build: SBC Scotsman heads (9.6 to 1), Cometic .030 gasket, SE Flat-tops, Mikuni 42, 37G cams, E-series exhaust.

Does the curve need to be adustable?

THANKS

·
Registered
755 Posts
guitback said:
Is it a must? Here is build: SBC Scotsman heads (9.6 to 1), Cometic .030 gasket, SE Flat-tops, Mikuni 42, 37G cams, E-series exhaust.

THANKS
Yes. IMO.

Specially when you tweak it in to DNO on the dyno.

I have the Daytona TT. Very happy with it.

·
Addicted to American Iron
460 Posts
guitback said:

THANKS
Is it a MUST? For me yes and I can not imagine not going with an after market ignition module after all the $$ you spent.....don't go cheap now. But is it truly a must have part over just using your stock module.....hummmm....with your set up I think so to get it tuned right.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I would call whoever your going to have tune the bike and ask.I just called my tuner and asked what ignition he liked to work with expecting to hear dtt or s&s ist , but he recommended the se ignition that will retard timing 10 degrees.The custom maps are for bikes with fuel injection.Our bikes are carbed.

·
Banned
21,644 Posts
Interested to find out. I am installing 98" Wasn't planning on it. I am interested in raising the rev limiter. Have not hit it yet. Wouldn't take long to do later. I would think all you have to do is remove tank.

But I can see how if your going to spend that much on go all the way. So I will sit back and read.

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
My wrench was real happy I had the Dyna TC88-2 , it helped dialing in the ignition on my 95 build.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts