V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for a exhaust for my sporty, due to the forward controls the options are limited. The Vance and Hines Longshots will work, the samson pipes will also work. I favor the V&H due to the double wall and no heat shield required, the samsons need heat shields :( . What I really wish is V&H made the short shots to fit with forward controls. Anyone know of any others that will work with forward controls????

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have Vance & Hines Straight Shots on my 883 Custom. They look good and sound great with the baffles out of them. According to the Vance & Hines website the Straight Shots are the only ones that will fit a sportster.

www.vanceandhines.com

·
Registered
335 Posts
i BELIEVE but don't know for sure that the big shot 2 by samson are a 1 3/4 exhaust with a 2 1\4 surrounding pipe. bassini also make a pipe that is a short set for foward contol spotsters. in my lookinr samson and bassini were the 2 choices and i went with a set of samson big gun rip saws. they sound FUCI<ING AWESOME. couldn't be happier. mine only have a short amount of time on them but a buddy had a set with about 2000-2500 miles with NO blueing. good luck with whatever you choose.

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
jay 21 said:
i BELIEVE but don't know for sure that the big shot 2 by samson are a 1 3/4 exhaust with a 2 1\4 surrounding pipe. bassini also make a pipe that is a short set for foward contol spotsters. in my lookinr samson and bassini were the 2 choices and i went with a set of samson big gun rip saws. they sound FUCI<ING AWESOME. couldn't be happier. mine only have a short amount of time on them but a buddy had a set with about 2000-2500 miles with NO blueing. good luck with whatever you choose.
WTF is FUCI ?
U got em on the sled?
Post a Pic !
Who did ya get em from?
Heat shields?

·
Registered
14,069 Posts
I have heard the Vance and Hines pipes, and they do sound awesome. I have the Screaming Eagle 2 and allready I want to change mine. The SE's just aren't loud enough.

·
Registered
6 Posts
until recently, i only heard the samson's with the baffles removed. with the baffles in, they sound even deeper! i prefer the sound with the baffles.

the samson's with bafles are at least as loud as V&H.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
I have some cyclehsack slipons. They were too poppy sounding at first with a slight whistleing at crusing speed. I slipped in the baffles which stooped the whistle and deepend the tone. I am happy with the deep sound.

DOC526

·
Registered
335 Posts
i some how deleted part of my post, meant to say Fuc*ing awesome and some other stuff i don't quite remember. will post a pic as soon as i figure out how, just haven't had the time lately. no heat shields, bought them from chrome spec. through a local dealer.

·
Registered
22 Posts
V&H Straightshots

V&H does make Straightshots to fit with forward controls. They's listed to fit the 2001-2 customs that come from the factory with forward controls. I called V&H, and they told me they'll fit older evos with forwards, they just have them listed as fitting the older models.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Also the VH do come with heat shields. They run from the exhaust flange down to the straight pipe (muffler body). Do understand that without the crossover you will feel a difference down low up to around 2500 RPM. It lugs a little and does not feel to have as much power, but upwards a world of difference.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts