V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
21,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There gloves are made in the USA. I like that they have 1/2 sizes, when you are paying that much. I got elkskin ropers. I am think about the winter ones with wool. $$. But I haven't found wool in anyone else gloves.

Most of there jackets and suits are made in USA. There catalog identifies imported.

http://www.aerostich.com/off-and-riding/gloves

·
EvilMonger
8,793 Posts
Lots of their stuff is made in USA and lots imported but I believe they state which is which.

I have their made in USA Darrien light Gore Tex pants and am very happy with them.

·
Banned
21,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Are you wearing them stand alone? As a rain suit?

·
EvilMonger
8,793 Posts
Are you wearing them stand alone? As a rain suit?
I am a large man 6'2" I wear a 52/54 jacket. My leather coat used to take up one saddlebag and chaps/gloves the other, cows cried when I rode by.

Since swapping to Gore Tex it is my all weather wear. I wear it in the rain and cool weather. When it gets cold (all the way down to the teens and twentys) I use my Gerbing jacket liner and gloves with a long sleeve tshirt then the heated jacket liner then a sweatshirt and then the lightweight gore tex jacket. I just wear the gore tex pants over my jeans. Again if it is really cold I'll add a pair of thermal pant underneath.

The gloves, sweatshirts, pants, jacket liner all fit in one saddlebag with space to spare. I haven't worn my leather or chaps in years!

·
Banned
21,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have been thinking of switching to textile, so I don't have to stop and put rain gear on. I was wondering if people wore it over jeans or wore them like pants.

·
Banned
21,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Due to drying? Not being waterproof? Size? Does the textile fold up smaller and lighter? Two jackets and chaps takes up alot of room. So does rain gear.

I thought about the darien light with underwear or shorts under it, like a pair of pants. How would the be?

·
Banned
21,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
what jacket you wearing?

·
EvilMonger
8,793 Posts
The jacket I am wearing is a no longer available Harley Davidson Gore Tex Jacket. I have had it about ten years and wish I could buy another one. When this one finally stops working I will go with the Aerostich Light Darien Jacket.

I have never worn the Darien light pants without a pair of jeans underneath. I have worn them in ten degree weather with a pair of thermals and jeans under them. I have also worn them in 100 degree rain over a pair of jeans and I get hot easy. If I was going to tour a lot in cold weather I would consider their heavier weight pants. I geuss you could wear them like regular pants but I am not sure how comfortable they would feel?

The main reason I stopped wearing leather is storage space. with leather you also needed rain gear and as I mentioned earlier just my leathers took up both my saddlebags and with my Gore Tex and heated gear I can fit everything in one saddlebag and the Gore Tex and heated gear work better in every situation cold, hot, rain, visibility.

·
Banned
21,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I hit a wall of rain this summer up in CA, and got drenched, turned around to where it wasn't raining to put gear on. Had me thinking about waterproof pants.

So do you just buy them one size bigger then your jeans? Getting to be that time of year. I'd like em just to stay warm.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts