V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just ordered new 06 FLHRSI for delivery in spring and need suggestions on Increacing tourque and horsepower. Presently have 05 FLHR with SE breather kit,SE Slip on mufflers and thunderslide kit in carburetor. While these additions did improve performance somewhat the 05 is still a beast that can't get out of it's own way. Not to concerned as this 05 will be used for long distance runs but I want this 06 to stand up and dance when I roll the throttle. I ordered it with SE breather kit and SE slipon mufflers and with the EFI I'm sure it will be an improvement over the 05 but I really want to get some good tourque and horsepower out of this engine. After talking to several HD mechanics I'm more confused than ever. They all seem to contradict each other on what is the best set up to acheive the best tourque and horsepower out of this engine. Any advise would be much appreciated. Thanks:D from Boston

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Dewey Spegs or Big Boyz Heads

Woods TW5 OR TW6HG for a torque cam for strong low/mid/
Woods TW9B with 3.37 drive ratio for a strong mid/upper thumper
(Both can be purchased through Deweys along with gear drive set)
Roller rockers from HDWrench
98" Barrels/pistons kit from HDWrench

Horsepower Inc. 51 or 53mm T/Body and HP Aircleaner

Baisley Oil Spring
GP Design bearing support plate
Forged Cam Support plates
Commetic gasket set

J.E.T. titanium adjustable pushrods

Either Bassani Prostreet pipes for loud but deep nascar sound or either Fatcat, RBRacing, Thunder header, V&H Pro-pipe, or Hooker Headers Rebel Series mid range staggered duals

Take your bike to GRock in Conneticut and get him to tune it.

spare rear tire once it is run in..........Ohh and merry xmas and welcome to the forum!

All the best, Ozzie

·
IronButt
6,364 Posts
I think a nice big stroker crank and a 4.250 set of jugs on small turbo and a little bottle of GO GO juice will make a nice 131 in the 230 hp range sound good??? I know I am bored PLEASE let's build a monster. OZZIE you up for it??

The 98 kit and mild poort work a 37 will offer some great gains and be a VERY basic build.

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Yeah, no sweat HDWrench..........just got my new jar of valium and blood thinning tablets....................might want some lizard juice for the first run, will help to peel my fingers of the handlebars, and unglue my sphincter muscle from the seat.

Will it come with a seat belt or a parachute or both???? Oh yeah and its got to have a wide tire and 3.37 gearing..................later bro:xhere:

All the best, Ozzie

·
Registered
780 Posts
The heads on the 2006 have opened up the exhaust ports so they will run cooler. Need to go with a bigger intake valve tho and mill the head around .025 to get your compression up to 9.8 - 1

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a 2004 FLHRCI and will be trying the following -
Bore Cylinders for 95" (.125)
Wiseco 95" 10.5-1 Piston Kit
Quick Install Pushrod T/C 88
Woods TW6HG Cam (Gear drive setup)
Cometic Gasket .30
Compensator Sprocket 40269-99A
Clutch Outer 37846-99A
PC USB HD Twim Cam Power Commander
Full System 2-1 Fat Cat FLH
T-Man Stage II heads with compression releases
S/E Diaphragm Spring
MRC Clutch Big Twin

Already have the Stage 1 air cleaner, will be Custom Mapped on Dyno. Should take about a month to get finished. Hope I am not disappointed. Will post results on completion.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts