V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, I went to the dealer about a month ago and had a dynojet kit and SE air filter put on my wide glide. I already had v&h big radius pipes on it. I haven't been able to ride much since but the past 2 days I have rode queit a bit. I have noticed that the power just isn't there. It feels like I had a lot more power before I had it done. The dealer said that they put it on the dyno but I didn't get a print out of it(if they usually give you one, I don't know). I am taking it back on Wed. and they said they would look at it again. What could the problem be? I would just like to have some opions and advice before I go back up there. The only thing I have adjusted on is the idle, I turned it down just a little because it was idling a lot higher.

Thanks again
Shane

·
Premium Member
1,389 Posts
03wideglide said:
Alright, I went to the dealer about a month ago and had a dynojet kit and SE air filter put on my wide glide. I already had v&h big radius pipes on it. I haven't been able to ride much since but the past 2 days I have rode queit a bit. I have noticed that the power just isn't there. It feels like I had a lot more power before I had it done. The dealer said that they put it on the dyno but I didn't get a print out of it(if they usually give you one, I don't know). I am taking it back on Wed. and they said they would look at it again. What could the problem be? I would just like to have some opions and advice before I go back up there. The only thing I have adjusted on is the idle, I turned it down just a little because it was idling a lot higher.

Thanks again
Shane
Are there "dyno" charges on you bill ?? if not ..it didnt happen. If so..they owe you the chart WITH the air/fuel ratio table. I'm gonna take a guess , since you said two key things in my opinon. "dealer" and "dynojet kit".
One..they pinched the diaphram and the slides not opening fully. Or..the throttle is not opening fully cause the cable is not adjusted. Or..it's now so rich..it wont make any power. For about $9.00, you can do all you need to do to that carb..Sans the "dynojunk kit" ..sorry just my honest opinion.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts