V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a set of White Bro's Porker Pipes on my RK Classic. I think the over all diameter (chrome to chrome) of the pipe is 2 1/2 or 2 3/4. I never measured them. Anyhooo.. I yanked the baffles out because i needed to get the measurements in order to order something a little louder. The baffles that came with the pipe are louvered. While researching, I came across Big City Thunder and noticed there baffles are straight pipes. Since I was going to purchase a new set anyway I decided to bring out the welder and do some playing. :D With the baffles removed I cut the welds holding the ends on. Drove to my local exhuast place and purchased some 1 3/4 pipe. I tack welded the ends back together on to my 1 3/4 pipe. Now i have a 1 3/4 inch by 15 inch straight pipe baffle. I started the bike (on a lift) to see how it sound. I have to admit.. I was very very pleased with the sound it produced. I'm sure im not the only one to have this brainstorm. So.. Is this safe to do? Should i not have straight pipe baffles? Am I going to feel a loss of tourque? Any info or advice would be greatly appreciated. I love the new sound.

Thank You..

·
Premium octane member
7,381 Posts
I did the exact same thing as you did...I welded up a set of muffler adapters that i got at the parts store. I have done this for my brothers straitshots. While i have no dyno figueres to go with I could feel a little more low end on the old but dyno....I have also cut the center out of louvered baffles and shorted them up a little bit. There were for guys looking for more sound only though.....

·
07', 04', 03', & 02
1,099 Posts
SiLlY said:
I started the bike (on a lift) to see how it sound. I have to admit.. I was very very pleased with the sound it produced. I'm sure im not the only one to have this brainstorm. So.. Is this safe to do? Should i not have straight pipe baffles? Am I going to feel a loss of tourque?
Drop that sucker off the lift and take her for a spin. What does your butt dyno tell you?:wootdnc:

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I did as you advised, last night. I took her for a ride around the block a couple times. I didnt quite feel a difference yet but it wasnt a very long test run either. No backfiring. Anyone know what difference in sound i will have if i cut the length? They are 15" now.

I think I felt a little more pull but it could have been wishfull thinking mixed with a little bit of intoxication. lol..

Thanx for the replies fellas.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts