V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
The Anti-RUB
1,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,
What are the advantages of the SE Performance Exhaust Gaskets over the regular/stock ones? Any disadvantages? I'm putting new pipes on my bike soon, and was wondering if it was worth it to get the SE Gaskets. Thanks...

--Rob

·
XLIII
10,078 Posts
With some pipes they don't seal for sh!t. Upside is they don't mush into the exhaust port. What headpipes?

·
The Anti-RUB
1,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Python Staggered.

--Rob

·
GoFast!
263 Posts
Yeah if your headpipe inlet is angled to match the stock 'cone' type gasket, sometimes the headpipe bottoms out against the exhaust port with the SE gasket, not sealing very well. You can get away with putting two SE gaskets in each port to seal better. If the headpipe is flat at the end, one will do.

·
Banned
5,329 Posts
"SE Performance Exhaust Gaskets over the regular/stock ones" I wonder if it is that one will fail and the other will not? Maybe Im wrong but that sounds like MoCo BS to me. Can anyone explain this difference? Let him step forward and say his piece.

·
Twin Fan
80 Posts
I recently installed a V&H Pro Pipe on my '01 Night Train and V&H and the HD specifically recommended the S/E gaskets for that system.

I was informed by some folks here that they would leak but I had already purchased them and went ahead and installed them. No leaks or issues detected so far.

·
I'm gonna powder his nose
537 Posts
The proper exhaust port gasket design should be used according to what type headpipe collar design is used.

Headpipes such as SuperTrapp use radiused headpipe collars which require the cone type gaskets to seal better. SE headpipes or H-D P&A pipes have flat type headpipe openings these require the SE flat gaskets.

IF your headpipe to cylinder mating surface is flat use the SE's if it is rounded use the cone versions.

·
The Anti-RUB
1,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ohiomotoxer said:
IF your headpipe to cylinder mating surface is flat use the SE's if it is rounded use the cone versions.
Thanks... Thats what I was planning on doing after reading the replies. I haven't had a chance to install the pipes yet, let alone take them out of the box. So I don't know what type it is. When I do, I'll post up. Thanks alot...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts