V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a fun day in the rain Sunday. I completed the MCSF Advancer Rider Course.

There were six of us there, with an interesting line up of bikes. Two Suzuki sport bikes, a Goldwing, an older Shadow, a Honda sport bike, and my Suzuki LC1500.

It was a six hour course, and was both challenging and fun. I know I learned some things, and am sure the other riders did.

It was great that there were only six of us. This allowed us to run through the different courses several times. The rain sure upped the pucker factor a bit, practicing the quick stops and stopping in a curve courses.

An added benefit is that my insurance company will give me a 5% discount.

I think the course was worth it. I wish there was more riding time. We had several breaks during which we presented the ERC course materials. There were 4 ERC instructors there who needed recertificarion.

I just saw Ride Like a Pro 4, (how to pass the motorcycle police course video). I think that teaches the same things we learned in our class, plus more. So if you can't take the class, watch this video_Our class did have one advantage, they had the MCSF course laid out, cones and all.

Would I take it again, probably, just to have fun learning/honing my riding techniques better.

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
if you really want some fun, have a Police Motor Officer(bike cop). train you on their course. i did and it opened my eyes up greatly.i thought i was hot-**** rider. AMA and MSF training....yeah all out the window.

i had a blast and became a much much better rider.

Robin

·
Premium Member
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for that input Robin. I'll have to see if I can't do that. I saw Ride Like A Pro4, and passing the police motorcycle was one of the topics. That was a great video.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts