V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Premium Member
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone that has the HK Advanced Audio XM upgrade noticed that the audio volume when in XM mode is lower than the FM or CD? I recently added an XM module I got off ebay and the volume from it is pretty low compared to the CD or FM....might be something wrong with it.

· Registered
10 Posts
I have the factory XM and it won't play as loud as the CD player. I had the software updates done, helped a little, but still doesn't play as loud as the CD. Talked to a few people about this and unfortunately, it seems to be normal. Kinda sucks, but I'm not losin' sleep over it. I have an '06 Classic.

· Registered
13 Posts
Same here

I've noticed using the aux input with my Ipod. I was wondering if it's limited because of the 2 ohm speakers. I'm not a stereo guru, just guessing. Wondering if it would be the same if I went with the Hogtunes speakers.

· Premium Member
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys, I just wanted to make sure this was normal......kinda funny that I had a $39 unit attached to the handle bar plugged into the AUX port and it worked great. Spend big bucks on the built-in unit to clean up the bars and get poor results....way to GO HD!

· Premium Member
317 Posts
In line booster

For the aux imput you need a in line signal boost any stereo shop will have it. I have this problem w/ aux sat and ipod . I have a friend who works for sirrius/xm and told me what to do will hide it behind fairring. As for factory unit I dont know sorry.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.