V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a way to seek to the next preset station from the right handle bar switch (up/dn switch)?

This switch will only allow the radio to seek to the next strongest station. I have to push one of the soft keys (1-6) on the radio to select one of the preset stations.

·
Registered
116 Posts
What ever mode you are in just hold the mode select button up or down for 2 seconds and it should change and allow SCAN thru preselect channels. SCAN should also appear on display. After SCAN appears use mode select up or down to select desired preset.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
In my opinion that requires too many steps just to listen in on the next preset. I wish there was a way to "lock in" the preset mode and be able to toggle to the next preset station (either up or dwn) from the handlebar switch.

·
Yet another 43 Double D
626 Posts
the old fashion way

I just use the buttons on the radio face plate to change between presets.

Yes I know that it means I have to take my hand off the left grip but then again I wave too and am still alive to tell about it.

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
tc88hog said:
Is there a way to seek to the next preset station from the right handle bar switch (up/dn switch)?

This switch will only allow the radio to seek to the next strongest station. I have to push one of the soft keys (1-6) on the radio to select one of the preset stations.
Get rid of the HK (not even a true Harmon Khardon product) and get a real stereo for your bike! :woohoo:

Seriously, there should be a way to switch it. I had the same thing with my bike (although I have a Sony deck with a Biketronics kit installed, but it still uses the stock hand controls), just required a little playing with the system.

Do the new bike with the HK stereo come with separate manuals for the radio? There should be something in there, something to change to seek around.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
All the radio info is in the owners manual. There must be a computer geek out there that can hack the software on the radio

·
~~Finder Of Paths ~~
203 Posts
Cryptoboy said:
Get rid of the HK (not even a true Harmon Khardon product) and get a read stereo for your bike! :woohoo:
have heard of people having issues with cd skipping on the new HK radios. Hoping they will have that problem ironed out in the next few weeks before mine starts getting assembled. ?prty:

what do you mean my not a true Harmon Khardon product? if its not how can HD be saying they have HK radios? and if not who then?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Hey

Harman International is a HUGE audio company, and operates such brands as JBL, UREI, Infinity etc. The radios are made by Becker, which I understand is also part of Harman--just a division of is all.

PEZ www.hogtunes.com

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
trmn8r-II said:
have heard of people having issues with cd skipping on the new HK radios. Hoping they will have that problem ironed out in the next few weeks before mine starts getting assembled. ?prty:

what do you mean my not a true Harmon Khardon product? if its not how can HD be saying they have HK radios? and if not who then?
There was a thread on here last month about the HK stereos having some problems with MP3 cd's. One of the owners called/wrote Harmon for some support on the supported formats and got a reply back saying they weren't supported by HK.

The impression I got was similar to the Revolution engine in the V-Rod. Porsche helped out alot, but it's not a Porsche motor.

·
Registered
116 Posts
The instructions were for using handlebar controls.

·
Registered
195 Posts
My 12 year old daughter has a more "Advanced" audio system in her room that we picked up in Walmart a couple of years ago for about $150 bucks!!
Too big to put on the bike though. I will no doubt be selling the HK stereo and putting in the Biketronics kit with a Sony CD player before long........

·
Registered
474 Posts
The CD player on my Street Glide is about as usefull as t*ts on a chickin, skips at all times unless you are sitting still, :dunno: not sure why HD even put the crap on it

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I have a friend that works for an HD dealer and that's the 1st question she asked. I haven't played a cd yet and hopefully there won't be any problems.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've got the HK on my 06 EGC and have had no probs with the cd skipping. Maybe just lucky? I am planning on a speaker upgrade, though

·
Registered
112 Posts
HK Radio Update

Haven't had it done yet to my '06 FLHTCUI, but my dealer tells me there is software upgrade available for the radio - sorry, but also not sure what if affects. Dealer said it was 'an update' as opposed to a warranty issue, but s/b no charge.

I use my CD all the time with an MP3 disc (150+ tracks) no skipping...

FWIW

-bogie
McHenry County, IL

·
Registered
4 Posts
'06 FLHTCUI. I haven't had any problems with the MP3 CDs at all, but today I installed the helmet intercoms, and can't figure out how the rider and passenger can talk without having the CD Player/radio/CB/Weather Band on. If the system is on, it wants to entertain me, when all I want to do is blab to the passenger. Any ideas how to configure it for that?

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
H/K CD Player skipping on 06 FLHT

My CD Player skips constantly was going to ask if others have the same problem, sounds like it is a radio problem, like it was stated earlier doesn't do it sitting still but on the road and doesn't coincide with bumps either. Mine does it more when its cold ( below 50 deg f ). I do live in maine so most of my time has been on the cold on it.
Thanks for the info I am goin g to talk to my dealer about it.

:chopper:

·
Registered
309 Posts
Has anyone found a way to wire an audio out line from the radio. I have a 05 RG and would like to use speakers in my helmet. Any suggestions to get the signal out of the radio and into my helmet speakers.

·
Half Fast Rider
94 Posts
This was on another Harley forum

Well... Just to give you an update... your idea about changing to another brand of CD's worked perfect. I actually called a Harman Kardon service center and asked about playback issues of CD's and the guy told me the same thing... He asked me what I was using for CD-R's and I told him Maxell's and Memorex... He suggested Verbatim, Sony's or Fuji... So I went and got a box of Verbatim CD-R's... copied my MP3's over from the Maxell to the Verbatim and guess what - I haven't had the stupid thing lock up since!

I might have to try this!

Glen

·
Registered
267 Posts
rgterry said:
Has anyone found a way to wire an audio out line from the radio. I have a 05 RG and would like to use speakers in my helmet. Any suggestions to get the signal out of the radio and into my helmet speakers.
It costs way too much money. Here is what I did. I bought a J&M kit, around $40.00 that was made by them to work on old GoldWings. It splices into wires between speakers and radio. I went one step farther, and put a "marine" 6 pole-3 position switch on the fairing and wired it up. Radio + on center 2 poles, Speaker + on one out, and Helmet J&M + on the other out. Took a couple hours from start of outer shell removal to outer shell attach. Now I can switch between helmet and speakers.

I have to thank "Prez" from HogTunes for the information and help in idea of setting this up.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts