V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been reading on the TMAT thread that several ppl have successfully done this. According to my GPS my '02 Glide runs exactly 5 miles shy at 75 mph (really only going 70 mph). The default speedo cal # for my bike is 4352, is there any sorta correction factor or formula I can go use? No big deal really, but if I can easliy get this straightened out w/the TMax it'd be great.

TIA,

VicW.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Sleeps In Trees said:
I've been reading on the TMAT thread that several ppl have successfully done this. According to my GPS my '02 Glide runs exactly 5 miles shy at 75 mph (really only going 70 mph). The default speedo cal # for my bike is 4352, is there any sorta correction factor or formula I can go use? No big deal really, but if I can easliy get this straightened out w/the TMax it'd be great.

TIA,
VicW.
VicW
So your speedometer is reading 5 mph higher? I would raise the cal number to 4452 and see how much it changes....that should give you a good indication.

Regards,
NC

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep NC, speedo reads 5 mph high at an actual 70 mph, sorta doubt if the difference is linear thru all speeds tho . Looks like it'll take a little experimenting to get it straight...thanks, I'll try bumping the cal up 100 to start with & go from there.

VicW.

·
Premium Member
1,293 Posts
Sleeps In Trees said:
Yep NC, speedo reads 5 mph high at an actual 70 mph, sorta doubt if the difference is linear thru all speeds tho . Looks like it'll take a little experimenting to get it straight...thanks, I'll try bumping the cal up 100 to start with & go from there.

VicW.
Hey Sleeps In Trees, Let me know how that works. I have an early '03 that uses the same cal number as your '02.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts