V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Seasoned Rider
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
need some help, my girlfriend is short and her feet don't rest on the passenger floorboards of my '01 roadking. she can get one foot or the other to rest on boards, but not both her feet at same time. i know h-d makes a bent up floorboard mount they call adjustable, and i know Kuryakyn makes a swing up type also. the only problem with using either one is you can't have the h-d leather crash bar bags on when using these. and i really need those little bags for storage on trips. anybody have any ideas? girlfriend wants me to mount a set of footpegs on my bag crash guards and let them stick out the sides of bike for her feet. i think this would look BAD!!!!!! any help??? thanks, roadking43:)

·
Registered
6,413 Posts
You do know that the stock passenger floorboards are adjustable. There are multiple holes that they can be mounted in. The top one has a plastic plug in it that you can take out.

·
Registered
4,089 Posts

A ball headed Allen/Hex key/wrench and up ya go.

·
Registered
6,413 Posts
An allen socket of the right size for a 3/8" rachet works much better.

·
Registered
4,089 Posts
An allen socket..............
Stronger too, I've been using the same but with a 1/2" ratchet.
Tight fit, that why I mentioned the 'Ball Head'. :rolleyes:

·
Seasoned Rider
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
adj. floor boards

thanks, i'll take a look. been to cold in garage to play around out there with bike. i saw plastic plug, but didn't know what was under there. figured if i popped it out and no threads in there would have hell of a time getting plug back in. stuff goes like that for me, simply jobs turn hard real quick. bought my bike in frederick, md. about 60 miles from house so i don't get there much. my local h-d dealer near my house is worthless. everybody that i know goes out of area to buy there bikes and get service work done. asking local dealer a question about these kinds of things is like asking my dog. they just look at you funny. thanks , roadking43

1 - 6 of 6 Posts