V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The left auxiliary light on my RKC shoots up more than the rightside. I only notice this because I kept getting lights flashed at me at night. I checked the lights against a wall and sure enough, the left shoots higher up than the right. I took the left blinker off to adjust and notice that the wire feeds through the bolt to the blinker. So, I could not get a socked on it. Is there a special tool that you need. Any help would be nice. Thanks.

I really don't want to go to the Harley shop just for this.

·
Registered
4,089 Posts

Socket Driver, Ball Hex, Long, 5/32"
Stock FABL5E

Socket, Flare Nut, 9/16", 6-Point
Stock FRX181

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
4,089 Posts

·
Premium Member
255 Posts
Snap-on quality is high...and so are thier prices. For this socket you can take a deep well 9/16 and cut a slot in it similar to the picture and make it work. Harley-hog, that's a good picture. Wish I could could figure out how to do that.

·
Registered
224 Posts
I left mine alone, same problem. If it tweaks them at night, it tweaks them
during the day too. So they see me. I turn them off at night and turn on aux fog lights mounted to engine bars.
Frank
00 FLHRCI

·
Registered
65 Posts
I've yet to see any Harley that has them aimed properly from the factory. There all cockeyed. The motor company doesn't have any way to check for proper aim, they just guesstimate. I purchased the mighty expensive Snap-On socket years ago to adjust them on my bikes and on friends bikes. Makes it so much easier.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys, I bought a 9/16 socket and cut the slit in it. It worked great. I guess my true **** colors came out in going this route(hahahaha).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts