V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Life is what you make it
3,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I figure all the guys on here already have a trick for this but for those who dont I thought this worked pretty well. I hate adjusting pushrods and putting those clips back on the pushrod covers. :wacko:
It is hard for us old blind guys fumbling around you know

·
Knower of Stuff
1,978 Posts
Does the wife know you took that?:laugh:
I use a plastic one. Easier to clean and stays fresh in case the OL finds out I took it.

·
Registered
6,413 Posts
Been using clothespins since, well, more than 30 years ago. I find using those very small bungee cords, the ones about 6" long and 1/8 or 1/16" wide actually works better. Try it.

·
Premium Member
2,067 Posts
hotshotfxdl said:
I figure all the guys on here already have a trick for this but for those who dont I thought this worked pretty well. I hate adjusting pushrods and putting those clips back on the pushrod covers. :wacko:
It is hard for us old blind guys fumbling around you know
Good to post for the newbies...I figured it out on my own last winter. They sure make that tedious job a little bit easier. I now keep two in my toolbox for just that purpose.

·
Delinquent
1,780 Posts
If you want a little more room to work, you can use a paper clip and rubber band.

Hook the paper clip to the tube and hang the rubber band onto the rocker cover bolt.

·
Premium Member
3,624 Posts
Ed Y said:
. I find using those very small bungee cords, the ones about 6" long and 1/8 or 1/16" wide actually works better.
Yep, a mini bungee cord works better. It lets you spin the rod.

·
Nice to ride again :-)
1,802 Posts
vafatboy said:
If you want a little more room to work, you can use a paper clip and rubber band.

Hook the paper clip to the tube and hang the rubber band onto the rocker cover bolt.
Yep this is the way I do mine also except I used two picture hangers, you know the ones you drive a nail in the center that are laying all over the bottom of your junk drawer.

·
Delinquent
1,780 Posts
LAF said:
Yep this is the way I do mine also except I used two picture hangers, you know the ones you drive a nail in the center that are laying all over the bottom of your junk drawer.

:duh?: :hmmm: :thumbsup:

·
IronButt
6,364 Posts
The paper clip and rubber band is how I do it works great. I found this to be the best way and you never have a cloth pin flip off.

·
Life is what you make it
3,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah I like the sounds of some of the clip idea's I need all the room I can get when I adjust the pushrods. Glad I posted it I learned a better way. Thanks everyone for sharing:thanks:

·
Restless
1,672 Posts
Whatever you do, don't let them wind up on your nipples.

·
0043--Licensed to Doof!
4,369 Posts
timbo said:
Whatever you do, don't let them wind up on your nipples.
:yikes: .............and just why not? :roflback: :harhar:

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
I use the elastic ties that those that have hair use to put around pony tails with paper clips hooked to them...if you get oil on rubber bands (which will happen) they dissolve and break, these hair ties are more resistant. JMHO

1 - 15 of 15 Posts