V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Nice, Let us know how you like them in a few weeks.

I've considered the conversion on my 09 Dyna as well.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
added them a couple weeks ago and they are great. very comfortable and easy to get used to. the mids caused some pain in my hips and legs, since adding these no pain.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Wow just went the opposite direction myself. I had forwards and went to mids and I'm 6'1" I just feel the bike handles better with the mids.
Just goes to show how we are all different. I never rode bikes with forwards until I started buying HD's, it took me about 5 minutes to get used to them. I would never go back to mids..............well, maybe I should never say never :beer:

·
Registered
83 Posts
That's great news any pain reduction is a quality of life upgrade.

That's how I get my upgrades, I tell the wife it will make me feel better and she is all for it.

Win win!

Go for some mini apes next:clap:

·
Registered
32 Posts
Just goes to show how we are all different. I never rode bikes with forwards until I started buying HD's, it took me about 5 minutes to get used to them. I would never go back to mids..............well, maybe I should never say never :beer:
I agree also every bike is different I have forwards on my sporty and wouldn't go back to mids on it.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I'm actually looking for a set of mids for my dyna. The forward controls kill my back.

·
Banned
164 Posts
I have the best of both. Lowrider with mid pegs and highway pegs. Years ago I learned to use my Heels to shift and brake from the highway pegs. When I need to really ride I drop the mids.
Around town I always use the forward pegs because the mids get in my way at stops. Once on the road the mids give me another position and for rough riding they are much better than forwards.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I've got forward controls and am seriously cosidering going to mids. Less stress on the lower back for me.

Too bad I will have to change the primary covers to get it done. It's a lot more work going to mids then going to forward controls.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts