V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
hippie
5,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well,, i hear axel rose is taking brian johnsons place for awhile, wtf.. that sucks imo, no use for the self appointed anointed one.. almost the same as the dixie chicks... boooo in my opinion,,, what's yours

·
hippie
5,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
pretty much same opinion as yours
lol,, shi7 i was just getting used to johnson! just ain't the same without scott,, i'd sure rose will do fine for the die hard fans. what happen to johnson anyway?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Over 30 years with Mr. Johnson. AC/DC were all about charisma and crowd pleasing. They would never disrespect a crowd the way this comedian and his now computerized voice (he doesn't still "have it") did/does. It's good that Angus wants to keep the band going but there would have been better options out there. Halford, Ian Gillan, Coverdale, probably many more.

·
Registered
18 Posts
By the way, best analysis I've heard is that Angus wants to keep the band going for another 10 years as a "franchise" - ie - no need for all original members. With Brian's age at 69, 10 years will put him at almost 80 when they close down. The excuse that he is losing his hearing is either a mutual or one sided "out' to get a younger singer who will handle 10 more years. Axhole wasn't even in GNR for 10 years was he? Questionable endurance with that one.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Don't like it. Won't buy any. Won't go to a concert. AC/DC is over. Don't know ANYONE that approves the change.

·
Premium Member
1,117 Posts
To me they were never the same after Bon Scott but Hells Bells was cool. After that the Johnson years never really did much for me. As for Axel...the G'N'R thing with Slash was his day in the sun. Putting him in the mix with AC/DC does not excite me at all.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts