V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So it has been roughly 3 weeks since that jackass slammed into me on my bigdog. I got the estimate of $6500.00 yesterday from bigdog. What did my wondering eyes discover in my mailbox today? A check for $6500.00 from American Family Insurance.~!Awesome!

This guy is the coolest insurance adjustor I have ever met, He said "If you find you need more money for hidden things, just let me know!"

Merry Christmas everyone! ~!Awesome!

·
I haven't seen your bird.
8,499 Posts
Damn good service! And their headquarters are right here in Madison. Luckily, I haven't had any claims to test my carrier, which is Progressive.

·
But officer........
28 Posts
sounds like a really good company. I laid down my bike in Jul and have USAA. the adjuster estimate was 1500 and Harleys was 4600. When I asked how come the difference the adjuster said their software was outdated. My reply was you are a multi billion dollar company and thats no excuse. Finally got everything settled by Sept.

Glad everything worked out for your

Dino

·
Fashion Conscious
1,902 Posts
Glad to hear it Scorp, and good timing to be able to get it repaired during wintertime. :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
70 Posts
Good luck with American Family. They wrote me an auto policy when I moved to AZ. Then 3 weeks later the main office cancelled it when they decided a $200 claim I had 2 1/2 years ago (parking lot scratch deemed 50/50responsibility) made me too high risk for them! This after I had had house insurance with them for 3 years. Needless to say, after I got different, better, and cheaper insurance through AARP I cancelled American Family house insurance!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts