V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone read any published acceleration times for the V-Rod, 0 to 60, 0 to 100, quarter mile and top speed?

Thanks in advance!

Pete

·
Registered
413 Posts
What's the difference between "track" and "road" topspeed? No wiseass answers about one is done on a track, and one on a road:D . If it were that simple I can't imagine the two speeds would really be different.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Where did those numbers come from?

That "Track Speed" number must be for a VR1000. A stock Vrod with a 5 speed trans and no fairing is physically and aerodynamically incapable of that speed. Stock, I'd say 135mph in perfect conditions. I've seen 130 on mine and it aint no picnic up there.

·
Registered
603 Posts
I had my speedo pegged past 140 the day before yesterday, no wind, no fairing, no problem, so probably 140 given speedo error.

JMS

·
Registered
82 Posts
Seems that I read somewhere 0-60 in 3.1 secs and 0-100 in 7.6 secs. I've had mine up to 135 mph, but found that above 110 it's just beginning to get just a little scary.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wow! I'd be willing to bet that one could coax faster 0-60 times from the V-Rod with little difficulty.

Thanks, Pete

·
Registered
22,086 Posts
11.3-second range at 115 mph according to this comparison of the VR and the Yami Warrior. Pretty fair comparison article too.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
'Rod envy

Those guys sure spend a great deal of time comparing rice to potatoes. They're only kidding themselves. They’d kill for a Vrod.
Funny how we're never doing comparisons. Harley's and especially Vrod's are in class of there own.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
175mph

Thought I'd processed every morsel of info on the Vrod, but I have no recall of any moto-rag quoting such a preposterous claim. A stock Aprilia (1000cc) Mille has 130hp; 6speeds and a wind tunnel perfected fairing and is rated at 170mph on a good day. By comparison, the Vrod is a brick.

As I said, our beloved Vrod is capable of many wonderful things. 175mph is mechanically and aerodynamically impossible, in any conditions, on any track.

It will make grown woman swoon, which is far more important to me:D

·
Registered
477 Posts
Top speed

Rhauft, I concur with you completely. As much as I like my VROD and as impressive a machine it is, there is no way it will attain 170-175 mph on ANY track stock. People really get carried away with these claims. Maybe next it will be faster than a bullet, able to leap tall buildings..........

1 - 11 of 11 Posts