V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Another Great Day to Ride
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All,

In your experience, what are the absolute loudest slip-ons that you can get for a bagger?

Thanks!

E

·
Premium Member
574 Posts
Rush mufflers with the 2 1/2" baffles.

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
why? I mean all that money spent for full faced helmets, intercom, premium sound systems going towards to keep road noise (wind) out and you want to know how to be obnoxious? Now before I get to far out of line, if you want loud and obnoxious, get a Gold Wing and put drag pipes on it---oh, it's not a Harley if ain't loud...Dude, WTF?

Get you a hacksaw and cut the mufflers off. That'll draw EVERYONES attention.... ...great.

·
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
kelly said:
why? I mean all that money spent for full faced helmets, intercom, premium sound systems going towards to keep road noise (wind) out and you want to know how to be obnoxious?

...if you want loud and obnoxious, get a Gold Wing and put drag pipes on it...

Get you a hacksaw and cut the mufflers off. That'll draw EVERYONES attention.... ...great.
None of those electronic gadgets for me, I've got a Road King... hehe

I know what you mean though. I'm actually asking for a friend. I've been trying to talk him out of it, but, he's got it in his head that his bike is too quiet. He's got Hooker Tuned Flow mufflers mounted to stock exhaust. I think it's perfect, if not maybe a little on the loud side... He thinks it's too quiet...

I told him I'd look into it and let him know what I came up with...

I'll mention the Gold Wing and hacksaw thing to him and let ya know what he thinks... ;)

On a side note, I used to have Hookers mated to Bub Cross Dresser True Duals... I thought they were perfect... But, now, I'm getting Rineharts... I think I'll be happy with those...

E :D

·
Premium Member
24 Posts
kelly said:
why? I mean all that money spent for full faced helmets, intercom, premium sound systems going towards to keep road noise (wind) out and you want to know how to be obnoxious? Now before I get to far out of line, if you want loud and obnoxious, get a Gold Wing and put drag pipes on it---oh, it's not a Harley if ain't loud...Dude, WTF?

To each his on. Some folks like loud pipes, some not so loud. Just cause somebody wants they're bike louder than mine don't make them wrong, or stupid, just makes them different. I prefer in the middle somewhere, Wildpigs at the moment are working good for me on my bagger.

I have a 100 ci custom with straights on it that fulfills my need for car alarm abuse. I MAY decide down the road a bit to go louder on the bagger, who knows.......

In the event I do, Kelly, rest assured that I won't mind in the slightest that you may think that makes me stupid... :)

·
Soar like an Eagle
2,570 Posts
straight pipes with fishtails. Followed a buddy this weekend with those and gave me a headache in less than 45 minutes time. Most obnoxious sounding pipes I have ever heard.

·
Habitual carpet muncher.
234 Posts
Road Glider said:
straight pipes with fishtails. Followed a buddy this weekend with those and gave me a headache in less than 45 minutes time. Most obnoxious sounding pipes I have ever heard.
Bullseye!
These are the most obnoxious, worse sounding pipes on the planet! You would have a better chance emerging unscathed from the the gates of Hell in a gasoline G string than passing a cop without getting pulled over running these pieces of hollow crap. If you rode by my house more than once with fishtail drags, I'm sorry, but I would have to shoot you in the head. I'm sure for anyone stupid enough to run these, just a bullet in the head would'nt make you stop or even slow down, but I'd still give you one round!
Just kidding. I love fishtails.......
RB
Hey Glider, don't you run those big sack mufflers or something?

·
Soar like an Eagle
2,570 Posts
Road Bag said:
Bullseye!

Fullsac (www.fullsac.com). Great thing about them is they have a nice tone under full acceleration but cruising are not obnoxious at all. You can actually run without ear plugs and can have a conversation with your passenger. :)

·
Habitual carpet muncher.
234 Posts
Road Glider said:
Fullsac (www.fullsac.com). Great thing about them is they have a nice tone under full acceleration but cruising are not obnoxious at all. You can actually run without ear plugs and can have a conversation with your passenger. :)
I have a set too. Lol. Best power, best sound quality, least noise.And they're cheap! Love em!
RB

·
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Road Bag said:
Bullseye!
These are the most obnoxious, worse sounding pipes on the planet! You would have a better chance emerging unscathed from the the gates of Hell in a gasoline G string than passing a cop without getting pulled over running these pieces of hollow crap. If you rode by my house more than once with fishtail drags, I'm sorry, but I would have to shoot you in the head. I'm sure for anyone stupid enough to run these, just a bullet in the head would'nt make you stop or even slow down, but I'd still give you one round!
Just kidding. I love fishtails.......
RB
:hystria: :roflback: :roflback: :roflback: :hystria:

That was the funniest shizzle!!! I think my bud is going to order those today, too! I'm gonna print this one out and give it to him...

·
Registered
117 Posts
Glad to here you say good things about Fullsac mufflers. I have been thinking about trying those. Right now I have Thunderheadders on my bagger and they are too loud for me plus I don't really care for there backfire pop. I say pop but it's more like a rifle going off.

Those of you with Fullsac mufflers, have you heard any others that you like better? For me it's down to either Fullsac or a set of "SE"s.

·
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Re: Fish Tail Straight Pipes...

Road Bag said:
Bullseye!
These are the most obnoxious, worse sounding pipes on the planet!...
Well, despite my giving my friend this great information, he still bought those straight pipes and put them on last night. He took the bike out and rode around the block twice and all the neighbors came out of their houses to see what that horrendous noise was. This was at about 8pm...

They used to say, "hi" to him. But, I don't think he'll have to worry about waving back anymore...

THOSE THINGS ARE FREAKIN' LOUD!!! I told him that he is going to have to ride in the back for two reasons now... One, so that none of us have to hear that ahead of us, and the other, so when he gets pulled over, the rest of us can just keep going...

E :wacko:

·
You don't say?
422 Posts
Road Glider said:
I'd have to agree with RG. Not the best performing set up, but LOUD!

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Road Glider said:

ditto ..good friend of mine has a 98 ultra w/ same set up...the are toooo loud and i hate the sound of them too..

1 - 17 of 17 Posts