V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Living in EuropaI have an " international " FLHTCU, here ABS is std equipment.
On " domestic" models ABS is: ABS OptionOnly offered as part of Security Package, (this according to the H-D-site.)
My question: if a domestic models orders a Security Package do they ( the dealers?) put a badge on it saying "ABS"? or is there a visual sign that the bike is ABS-equipped?
All this fuzz after a woman sued the MOCOn she lost that procedure, obvious from what I know about it.

·
Registered
5,460 Posts
Living in EuropaI have an " international " FLHTCU, here ABS is std equipment.
On " domestic" models ABS is: ABS OptionOnly offered as part of Security Package, (this according to the H-D-site.)
My question: if a domestic models orders a Security Package do they ( the dealers?) put a badge on it saying "ABS"? or is there a visual sign that the bike is ABS-equipped?
All this fuzz after a woman sued the MOCO she lost that procedure, obvious from what I know about it.
Yes. A flashing icon in the tach. It will flash until the bike hits a certain speed. The icon shape can be seen however when it's unlit. Cars have the same deal, unlit icons for non-installed options. The plaintiffs were stupid. Additionally a person can see if ABS is installed by looking at the front wheel bearing spacer on the left side; if it's black with a wire, ABS is installed, if silver there's no ABS.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts