V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
about sporty wide tire kits?

Any sugjestions, coments or ideas for me. I have a 2000 sporty and are looking to custumize, sorry don't spell well,and one thing im intereasted in is 240 to a 250. Any help would be great. Thanks.^rolleyez^

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
any ideas, comments, advise or ideas would be great. not 180, looking for 240 or 250 kits. and sorry for puting the little smily guys on, just think they are to funny.:fart:

·
Known Associate
175 Posts
Getting a very large tire to fit in your Sporty is not an easy task. When HD changed over from chain drive to belt (in '91 or so), it limited the amount of available space to put on a wider tire, as the belt is wider than the chain. To mount a significantly wider tire, you will have to install a new swingarm that is wider than stock. You will also have to offset the drive sprocket to line up with the wider tire/sprocket. You will also have to customize or install a wider fender.

What it all comes down to is, if you really want a wide tire on your sporty, it will take a considerable amount of time/money. Think seriously about this. I ride a Sporty myself, and have chosen not to go this route.

Good luck. Wes.

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
I believe there is a kit for a 180 or 200, but not for a 240 or 250 without major modifications to the rear end. I don't know if there is a kit for such thing as of yet. Someone else will chime in shortly.......

·
Road Captain
6,628 Posts
Sportster Fat Tire Kits
SPSWNG001 200 Swing Arm Offset Kit, Sporster (includes Steel Fender & 200 Tire) 995.00

Big Boar Products

Sportster

Pro Street

Google wil get you a bunch......

1 - 7 of 7 Posts