V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A couple of weekends ago a cager tried to take me out. As I sat in the middle of the road, bleeding and broken, I thought to myself; if I had a gun on me I'd blow that suckers head off. I was sooooo pissed off at that guy crying that he didn't see me, etc., that I think I would have shown him what it was like to have someone with a lethal weapon taking shots at him.

The moral of this story is, well, you get my drift...

Live and Let Ride. Keep your knees in the breeze and remember, they don't see us.

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
To quite some extent I agree with you. The people I know that carry are the most respectful people you'll ever meet and given a chance will walk every time. It's not about a badass image, but about a desire to be left alone or a last line of defense.

It is extremely unlikely that you will ever need a weapon in a biker environment, but unless you live in MT or some other rural setting, where people see things more eye to eye, you may sooner or later need it when interacting with society in general, while at the same time hoping you don't.

A armed society is a polite society, and even the so called disadvantaged elements of society that are often portrayed as victims, are smart enough not to hit hard targets.

Works for me.

·
EvilMonger
8,793 Posts
Hippo I could not agree more! It is far better to have and not need than need and not have. And if we let the freedom to own guns and defend ourselves fall what is next, free speech, motorcycles? And in any group it only takes one. Imagine if only one responsible person was carrying a handgun at Columbine or one of the other tragedies in this country and lives were saved, the liberal media probably would not even report something like that.

·
Free Idears Available
2,270 Posts
If you are asking if I agree that it would have been a good thing for you to have a gun so you could shoot a guy that caused your accident, the answer is no. Not if that is what you'd want it for.

Bad driving is a little different than Columbine.

·
EvilMonger
8,793 Posts
If you read my post you woul notice I said I agreed with what hippo had to say. I never said anything about an accident, the person that started this thread made a comment to that effect. No responsible gun owner would ever consider using his firearm unless his life was in danger and it was the last resort. My point about columbine is what if someone employed by the school was trained and legally possesed a gun maybe lots of lives would have been saved. I have know idea what you were thinking or reading.

·
Free Idears Available
2,270 Posts
Thealien-

I was talking to him(the thread starter) ....should have been more clear. I understand and agree with your post but nobody seemed to be taking issue with the idea of shooting a guy for careless driving....I understand the temptation but really doubt even the most radical of juries would let the guy off on the "I shot him because he changed lanes without signaling" defense. I didn't get the impression that the driver did it intentionally, maybe I'm wrong.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
To clarify: I had just made a right hand turn from a dead stop at a light. The cager pulled out of a gas station, at a high rate of speed, (as stated by a witness on the police report) to make a left hand turn in front of me.
I rammed his front fender and went flying over the hood of his car.

For a few moments there, I felt the same as if some one had pulled out a high powered rifle and took a shot at me. First impression, shoot back.

I guess you had to be there to understand.

·
Registered
1 Posts
M.O.S. ,

I understand. I don't think you really would've shot him. I feel that way sometimes even in my little "cage"... FYI, I always see motorcycles. I love looking to see who's riding and what they are riding... I must say I sometimes question the rider's sanity when they are lane splitting in traffic. I move over to the far side of the lane to let them through but I know a lot of people don't pay attention. I don't know if this is true or not, but it seems to me Harley owners are safer riders than others... :)

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
LMOH,

Most M/C riders practice safe cycling. We have to because we are painfully aware of the consequences. However, there are a few who give the rest of us a bad rep.

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
What you need is a squirt gun so that next time someone torks ya the wrong way you can just "squirt 'um"...

Of course if someone squirted me with water I would want to kick their butt, so.....

Just trying to lighten up the post :)

·
Registered
684 Posts
JFScheck said:
What you need is a squirt gun so that next time someone torks ya the wrong way you can just "squirt 'um"...
JFShecks squirt gun solution reminded me of an incident I had a year or so ago here in Atlanta. Some dude came flying up on my rear and was really driving crazy. That pissed me off! So, when we came to a stop I yelled several obscenities at him. Now, most people might hide, jump out of their car and want to fight, or something reasonable (?) like that. NOT THIS GUY! He looked me straight in the face and stuck out his tongue at me! :eek: All I could do at that point was laugh and drive away.

·
Registered
903 Posts
I think a reasonable 12 year old would at least flip-the-bird! LOL

·
Registered
629 Posts
You know, I have a windshield washer sparyer and pump sitting in my garage. Put a sprayer under the headlight, and I can spray myself in the face when I try to spray the person who cut me off:D Falls under the "Don't spit into the wind" category. Hey, at least it might help cool me down a little:D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts