V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a craftsman motorcycle jack (the red and black one) and it wont lower my bike back to ground. I have had it for about 6 months now and have never had this problem. Unfortunately I dont have the manual anymore, can anyone help me out with this. It looks like I might have to get a couple of friends together and lift it off! Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
60 Posts
there's a little red bar that locks the lift into one of three positions. If you look at the base of the lift you can see where it goes into the channel. If this is the case you need to raise it enough to move this out of the lock.

Jimmy

·
Registered
60 Posts
It's right in front of the hydraulic cylinder, directly in front of the lift pedal. It's a thin red bar that you pull towards you. This raises the lock out.

Jimmy

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
Amateurs!!!

Here is a picture of the lift with the terms you all have been using to identify parts and problem.

The way I see it... jack the thing all the way up, then pull the red bar toward and into the silver receiving slot (red arrow). This pulls the tapered lock out of one of the three welded stops on the base L channel. You should then be able to depress the all black release pedal located directly behind the hydraulic cylinder and the lift will lower.

·
Registered
297 Posts
8-Ball said:
Amateurs!!!

Here is a picture of the lift with the terms you all have been using to identify parts and problem.

The way I see it... jack the thing all the way up, then pull the red bar toward and into the silver receiving slot (red arrow). This pulls the tapered lock out of one of the three welded stops on the base L channel. You should then be able to depress the all black release pedal located directly behind the hydraulic cylinder and the lift will lower.

I think that the amateur is the one with his bike stuck on the lift.....Bill

·
Premium Member
2,517 Posts
I hope he has better luck fixing his bike. Duh: Which end of the screwdriver to I hold?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts