V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Road Hawg
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a 2001 Electra Glide Classic , and just upgraded to a 2006. My wife has always complained about how the stock passenger seat made her hips hurt on long rides. I am not sure why, she says something about putting her in the wrong position. Has anyone else heard the same thing from their significant other? If so, is there a seat (Mustang or otherwise) that alleviates the problem.

·
XLIII
10,078 Posts
Nah, only complaint my wife has is when I ride her for too long in the wrong position it makes her back hurt...

·
Banned
21,644 Posts
I got 2001 FLHR. Last summer put on mustang one piece ultra tourer. She tells people in bars how much she likes it. It does make my bike ass look big. Tour pak hides it. Also raises me, but I like it too.

I give my gf credit she rode cross country on little 7" pillion seat. Makes me feel guilty.

·
Registered
255 Posts
seat

I went to a road zeppelin seat she loves it. also added sheepskin for summer months ( all 2 of them ) also use retractable kuryakin (spelled ?) and she is most comfortable. look at my pics and see. best 400 i ever spent for her

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
Studded Lace said:
If you think that seat it so great, how come you don't have it for your bike?
My sweet Lace... you are just so cute. The reason I don't have this seat is because I don't have an Ultra.... I don't have the tourbox... I have different needs. However, as you know, I do, like you, have a Corbin seat. And, like you, love the comfort and, as we have discussed many times, have lily fresh rear ends due to the breathable leather.

If I had gone with the Ultra, their would be no need for a solo seat option and, therefore, would go with the dual touring seat from Corbin which is the link I put up.

·
Registered
292 Posts
If it's hips, her legs are in the wrong position. On long rides, don't you like having hwy pegs to move your feet to? Get a set of adjustable position passenger pegs and let her try some different positions for awhile too. Wife never complained, but she appreciated the two different places to put her feet on long rides.

·
Infrequent Poster
1,662 Posts
8-Ball said:
My sweet Lace... you are just so cute. The reason I don't have this seat is because I don't have an Ultra.... I don't have the tourbox... I have different needs. However, as you know, I do, like you, have a Corbin seat. And, like you, love the comfort and, as we have discussed many times, have lily fresh rear ends due to the breathable leather.

If I had gone with the Ultra, their would be no need for a solo seat option and, therefore, would go with the dual touring seat from Corbin which is the link I put up.
Surely Studded Lace won't let this rather condescending response languish without an appropriate reply! :corn:

·
Registered
340 Posts
8-Ball said:

Ohhh, never mind.

Sorry I thought it was because that big old seat would take away from your coolness.

·
Knower of Stuff
1,978 Posts
Studded Lace,
Sorry I thought it was because that big old sit would take away from your coolness.
He first has to have it to lose it.:265:

8-Ball, at least your bike looks good.

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
Cster888 said:
I went to a road zeppelin seat she loves it. also added sheepskin for summer months ( all 2 of them ) also use retractable kuryakin (spelled ?) and she is most comfortable. look at my pics and see. best 400 i ever spent for her
If anyone is looking for a Road Zeppelin seat, my buddy just took one off his '03 Ultra before he traded it in. He's looking to sell it. PM me if interested.

·
Premium Member
3,289 Posts
Limited experience wit a Mustang Vintage Solo with passenger pillion. She seems to like it, and that's all that matters, right guys?

·
Registered
122 Posts
txhawg said:
I had a 2001 Electra Glide Classic , and just upgraded to a 2006. My wife has always complained about how the stock passenger seat made her hips hurt on long rides. I am not sure why, she says something about putting her in the wrong position. Has anyone else heard the same thing from their significant other? If so, is there a seat (Mustang or otherwise) that alleviates the problem.
I think most any aftermarket seat is better than a stock harley seat. Have a Mustang on the Dyna and now have a sundowner on the RK....wife likes em both, I like em too, for both looks and comfort. I also think a lot of my wifes comfort comes from having more than one leg position. We too have the Kuryakyn adjustable pegs along with the stock footpegs/floorboards on both bikes and Dot swears by em. She road 850 miles back from Sturgis in 13 hours last August with a bum knee(had it operated on the day after we got back).....I doubt if she could have done it without the change in leg/foot placement.

ride safe, Buck.

·
Registered
2,765 Posts
ViennaHog said:
Limited experience wit a Mustang Vintage Solo with passenger pillion. She seems to like it, and that's all that matters, right guys?
I have that seat on my bike and the wife loves it. She used to say ouch when we hit large bumps. Now she laughs at them. It's alot better seat for me also. I love it.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts