V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My speedometer is off by 2mph across the board. While setting still it shows 2mph. If I am doing 60mph, as verified with my GPS, it shows I am doing 62mph. I know it's not really a big deal but does anyone know if it is possible to adjust it to read properly. If I could get the whole internal mechanism to rotate a little it would read correctly but it's not worth damaging my speedo just for that..​

·
Premium octane member
7,381 Posts
On the TCFI, i believe you have to adjust the VS frequency. Its only a small adjutment, but from what i have found works perfect. I usually play with adding or subtracting 10 at a time..

·
Registered
2,765 Posts
The difference between a worn and a new rear tire could make that much of a MPH change. I would find other things to worry about.

·
Premium Member
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This is not a VSS issue as it reads 2mph off even when standing still. FWIW I did adjust the VSS frequency setting and it reads accurately at 60mph but still 2mph off while standing still. If there was a way to mechanically move the needle it would fix it accross the whole mph range.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts