V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up my bike after having the 1000 mile service done. My girlfriend drove me to the dealership, and as I was settling the bill she noticed the sign that said there was a $10 per day storage charge. After I pointed out to her that this only applied to bikes left there more than 10 days after work was completed, the manager of the service department said that there were some people who seemed to use the dealership as a storage facility.

He told us about a guy who bought a 1999 Road King new. About three months after he bought the bike, the service guys were called to fix a flat battery. After they brought the bike in and fixed the battery, they noticed that the bike only had about 30 miles on the odometer. It had obviously only been ridden once or twice and just sat after that. They called the guy to come and pick up his bike. He never showed up - the bike is still there sitting in the back of the dealership.

I got to thinking about this, and what a sad story it must be. There are plenty of wealthy people who patronize this dealership - but no matter how much money you have, you don't just abandon an eighteen thousand dollar bike. Maybe the guy's wife was pi$$ed at him for buying a bike, or maybe he got scared of the thing. Maybe he doesn't want to sell the bike, because doing so would mean he had to face up to the fact that he shouldn't have bought the thing in the first place. I think a lot of us (all of us?) have problems in our life that we just don't feel like dealing with, so we just let them linger, hoping they'll go away on their own.

I drove home from the dealership and called up an old friend I'd had a pretty serious argument with about six months ago and hadn't spoken to since. We got together later that week, and swapped stories like it was old times again. A friendship resurrected. Now if only I could gather the energy to do something about the slow drain in my shower.....

·
Registered
9,186 Posts
Hey ! Go to Home Depot ! Buy a bottle of ZEP 10 minute Hair Clog Remover.

I used the stuff last night. Six ounces down the drain and BINGO, the thing runs free today!

I love speaking up for a product that does what it says it will.

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
Damn, gotta get some of that for my shower. Is it safe for PVC pipes? Heck, we need a new thread, the "Plumbers Corner" :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts