V-Twin Forum banner

A request from the head Doof...

10K views 83 replies 33 participants last post by  Alan S 
#1 ·
OK, ladies and gennemans, let's get back to doing what we do. Be Doofs here in the basement and, I guess, keep the "Doof-on-Doof" chit-chat out of the threads upstairs. Not everybody is cultured enough to appreciate the highly developed senses of humor that set you apart from those who breathe through their noses.
While you may feel like we are just doing what we always did (long before that infamous typo), the fact is that we are now all identifiable as Doofs, and a vocal minority don't like us much. By association, it's no longer the small issue of "I hate Mega" or "I hate Scabby" or whatever, it's "Those Doofs are outta control".
So, let's not give them anything to shoot at for awhile and see how it goes.
Anybody comes down here who's not Doof or guest and posts anything inflamatory, please let me know immediately. I don't want to lose any of you to baiting. I'll deal with it.

Let's see how it goes, eh?

#4 ·
Dave, on it's face you are taking a reasonable approach to this matter and I applaud you for that but deep down I think it is a bum rap that has been placed on you guys. No one should have to be walking on egg shells around here. It's a biker forum for god's sakes.

#7 ·
:sofa: :unsure: :blink: :dunno: :yawn: :265: :hmmm: :huh: :corn: :whistle:

#9 ·
The fact that we are bikers makes it worse, not better. We are all prone to the freedom a bike and the company that comes with it affords us. Playing by the rules is not usually in our nature and it stands to reason that this is very upsetting to us. It is to me at least, but I believe that beating up on the admins because they asked us not to wear our muddy DC43 boots on their carpet in their livingroom is not too much of a request.

I have been labeled as an "Uneducated Hethen" in my workplace by a coworker that knows nothing of bikers. Come to find out that I have MUCH more education than her (go figure). The problem is that she really believes that. Not my problem you say? Well, she has the ear of an important man in my business and that makes it my problem. I have been trying to shake that label for the last year, and it has not been easy. If I were not friends with the man in question, I might be unemployed right now. Thank God he knows better and I have to really watch my step now around her.

We are under the same type of microscope and labeled before anyone gets to know us. The Doofs are a harmless and fun loving bunch but not everyone sees that. They see our humor as a personal attack many times, and even though it is always in jest, some humor hits close to the bone and that is not so pleasent for the person who is at middle of it.

Lets just all put this behind us, turn the music back on, line-up the drinks and get back to what we do so well. Doofin! Lets just keep the neighbors from calling the cops again. I hate that when they show-up.

Set me up a shot of Knob Creek with a Thunderbird chaser!

#10 ·
Not knowing what the hell is going on. :confused:
And in the spirit of true Doof’s every where. =devil=
Party pooper. :harhar:

I am DOOF hear me DOOF :puke:

Well if I half to… OK.:bowdwn:

#14 ·
captainlee said:
Biker Bry , no I cant do that. We have done NOTHING wrong.

I agree with you. It ain't right but what you gonna do about it?

Like the lady who labeled me an "uneducated heathen". I didn't do or say anything to deserve that. She didn't know me at all, and to make that claim was WAY out of line for her. The problem is she has enough pull to do something about it. Luckily "I have people" and that keeps me employed.

I would guess same applies here, just keep your snout clean for the time being and see what happens next.

Think about it...

If DP had something personal against the Doofs, there is nothing stopping him from slamming the door closed on our little hideout and locking us all out.

#15 ·
captainlee said:
Biker Bry , no I cant do that. We have done NOTHING wrong.
I agree with the Captain here. I wasn't even involved in ANY of the posts that caused the blow-up. Yet I have to watch my step and walk on eggshells when I post? I don't think so.

I also don't think Cap was out of line to request that DP give us the courtesy of an explanation. That sticky that he had posted is an insult to all of us.

An explanation and apology is owed. Will DP step up and be a man about it?

#16 ·
Capt, it's a fine line we're all walking on now. I think I can safely say that most all of us, 43's and 7's are seriously peed off!! It's true, we gotta watch our step. It's true we didn't do anything to warrent this. Since this ain't our sandbox, I'd prefer for all us to fly under the radar. Wait and see my fine Texan friend, better days are ahead.

#17 ·
If this blows over great. If not and they want to do away with the Doofs for what ever reason nothing will stop them.
If it come to banning the Doofs one by one pick me first or at least early as I don't want to watch my friends take the shots. I have friends that are not Doof here. I have grown to really like the VTF, but I am and shall be Doof first.

fireberry7@hotmail.com

#18 ·
You all have NO IDEA how loud I am laughing here at all our avatars and sayings underneath!! Now THIS is what we're all about!!!!!

Doof on, bruddas, Doof on!!!!!!!!!

(I'd say gAZINTa on, but it sounds gay)

#19 ·
This is a tough one. While I agree with Mega and BikerBry in that I am willing to try and get things back to some semblance of normalcy, I also agree with Captain Lee in that I do not see where we did anything recently that waranted the heavy handed nature of recent administrative directives and actions aimed squarley at Doofs which includes our gAZINTa brothers.

While I want to continue to have and play in our clubhouse, I also feel we are due some answers to reasonable questions that have been asked. I will make an effort and due my part. I am waiting to see if the administration will do its.

#20 ·
jasilva said:
I agree with the Captain here. I wasn't even involved in ANY of the posts that caused the blow-up. Yet I have to watch my step and walk on eggshells when I post? I don't think so.

I also don't think Cap was out of line to request that DP give us the courtesy of an explanation. That sticky that he had posted is an insult to all of us.

An explanation and apology is owed. Will DP step up and be a man about it?
I never said to forget about it, we all need to take a deep breath and put it on the back burner for now. Something will happen (one way or another) I'm sure of it.

Dave's House, Dave's rules.

Just don't go gettin yerself banned for something stupid when the dance isn't over yet.

I like you guys, and it would be nice to see ya around when this is over.

#21 ·
WILCO, but I'm convinced this has just been the ranging salvo.

#22 ·
Years back when DP was having financial problems we jumped in to help him out and we still help him by our annual dues. I know of no other forum that charges its members,

BY GOD I (WE) HAVE A VESTED INTEREST IN THIS PLACE.

and then we get slapped in the face with no fukin explanation. I dont think so.

#23 ·
Scabbydoo said:
I also feel we are due some answers to reasonable questions that have been asked. I will make an effort and due my part. I am waiting to see if the administration will do its.
Captain, Scabby...that just ain't gonna happen, that kind of honor was apparently missing when the whole row began...it ain't gonna surface all of a sudden on it's own accord. You all have earned my respect as have many other members of this forum...to that respect alone will I lower my saber...but I ain't gonna put it away 'til the threat has passed!!! I defer to the calmer minds...for now...

#25 ·
You know today the dealership sold 5 bikes. My name was on 3 of them today. Last Sat. it was on 4 of 5. I say this cause it is not so easy to do. I am one tired puppy come Sat. nights. I would come home and kiss Gail hello and unwind the day in my study catching up on the fun things here. It was as I posted long ago.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FD8ljNobUys

Now this will not go away. Now I see my friends won't give in. So tired as I am this song comes to mind tonight. Maybe after a little rest it will be better tomorrow, but my heart says only if you guys are able to find the answers to the questions you are asking. I am not proud that I have a little talent to sell the Harley Davidson, but I do take some pride in you letting me hang with you all.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mchcbvOCo5I&mode=related&search=

#26 ·
Fireberry said:
You know today the dealership sold 5 bikes. My name was on 3 of them today. Last Sat. it was on 4 of 5. I say this cause it is not so easy to do. I am one tired puppy come Sat. nights. I would come home and kiss Gail hello and unwind the day in my study catching up on the fun things here. It was as I posted long ago.

Now this will not go away. Now I see my friends won't give in. So tired as I am this song comes to mind tonight. Maybe after a little rest it will be better tomorrow, but my heart says only if you guys are able to find the answers to the questions you are asking. I am not proud that I have a little talent to sell the Harley Davidson, but I do take some pride in you letting me hang with you all.

Jeb, the one very positive thing about this forum will always be the great friends I found!!!!!! You know how to tug at the heart strings....

We are truly lucky to have you here!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.