V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

I'm one of those rare birds that rides year round. Lately, however, we've had a bunch of snow here in Indy and I could not get my bike out of my driveway, let alone, out of my housing addition.

Today was different.

The snow has been thawing since that nasty 8 inch storm 9 days ago. I was driving home from my girlfriend's house this morning when I saw the strangest thing on the interstate....A fellow rider.

I thought to myself, "Man that looks like fun. He/she looks warm. they have a full face helmet on, and full leathers...hey, I 've got my full face, winter gloves, and full leathers. If I can negotiate the bike out of the housing addition, there's a 20-25% off sale at my local dealer! "

I don't know about you guys, but I have not ridden my bike in about 10 days, so I was going through some serious withdraw.

Temps today hovered around 29-30, which is not bad, considering it has been averaging close to 12-15 for the last 10 days.

I got all my gear on, including my full face, which I haven't used since March, and carefully navigated my way out of the housing addition. I made sure to watch out for slick spots on the on/off ramps, but otherwise, it was a very enjoyable ride.

I never felt cold at all.

The dealership was packed as I suspected, but I was surprised to see that I was the only one that had ridden in.

It was nice to see my fellow riders with broad smiles and high fives as I think they enjoyed seeing at least one person out on two wheels.

As I rode to and fro, I could not help but think about that ghost rider. I still wonder if he/she had bought any parts/supplies, as it was one of those rare, one day, 25% off specials. It sure would have been a funny site to see the two of us together, on a day like today.

Anyway...that's my little strange but true story.

Happy Holidays everyone :)

David

·
Yet another 43 Double D
626 Posts
Good story

Had a similiar day yesterday myself. First day I'd felt like myself after fighting a cold for a week and we had a bit of a storm that kept me inside last weekend. I decided to shake my cabin fever and I took the scoot out for a short ride. Saw about 9 other bikes out everyone in either full helmets, or half helmet with scarves etc..as well as heavy gloves, chaps, boots etc. Only downside was cagers getting crazy near shopping centers, and malls.

Felt much better afterwards (once my toes thawed out!) :duh?: Seems Santa needs to bring some insulated boots this year!

·
EASY DOES IT
8,914 Posts
Shame ya missed the ride with the delinquents today Joe...it was a nice day today as well...

·
Yet another 43 Double D
626 Posts
Not today...

Other half had other plans so no kitchen pass today even if I'd have known about your ride. Good news is I have finally put the 500 miles on the stoker and am looking forward to getting on the dyno soon. :clap:

Keep me in mind in the New Year. Apologies for hijacking the thread...

Joe

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
It was nice today. I wear a balacava with a 3/4. Lower side of the shield fogs and freezes. Didn't see another today. Only had 1 bad ice spot. Overall attitude improver.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts