V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm not sure I'm going to survive this wait. I ordered a black 2003 FXST a little over a month ago, I've been thinking about it everyday since and will, I'm sure, be thinking about it until it is delivered in June 2003. This is as good as anticipated sex. I need a diversion. Sex, maybe not. I've been married for 22 years, have two girls and a grandson (surprise dad). I congradulated my dauther graduating high school and the birth of a new grandson virtually weeks apart. I've had a bike in my life, on and off, for 30 years. I've been riding a 650 Honda Nighthawk for the last 11 years. I am so ready for this Harley.
Certainly glad I found this forum. This will help pass the time.

·
Registered
544 Posts
It will either help or drive you nuts with all the talk of other folks and their bikes and what all they are doing. But welcome and enjoy the waiting is the worst part.

Dave

·
Registered
254 Posts
Ahhh a standard. Harleys blank palette. Love mine "00". Word of advice hide, the receipts OL's tend to go ballistic when they find out you spent more on your sled in 6 months then you have on them in 20 years of marritual bliss. Been there a couple of times.

·
Banned
2,597 Posts
Wow forest, June, I have a 2003 Ultra Classic that is suposse to be here in February and I'm going nuts over this antisapated purchase:) you WILL go nuts if you have to wate till June:eek: I have not had a bike for ten years, so I am so pumped up for this:cool: Welcome to the board, there are a nice bunch of people here, I'm glad I found this place:)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Markcuda, When I first went to talk to the dealer about this bike they also said I could get one in Feb. but, for me, this was a big decision and when I went back, three days later, June was the soonest to receive a new bike. It's going to be getting cold in Michigan, soon, so the riding season is about to windup, even though it has been unseasonable warm lately. Besides the time frame will give me a chance to save some cash. But yes, I'm so geeked. I'm walking three feet off the ground and can't peel this smile off my face. Enjoy your bike in Feb., I'll still be shoveling snow.

·
Registered
20 Posts
*I'm not sure I'm going to survive this wait. I ordered a black 2003 FXST a little over a month ago*

Welcome to the forum,
If I figured right you have about a nine month wait. That's about right for a new member to the family.

WB

·
Premium Member
314 Posts
Hi Guys,

I have ordered a FLHRCI (Black) a couple of months ago, for delivery in May, or when ever it arrives. I thought i was early or had a long wait but sdeforest is just a little longer. The last two months have gone quick, enough things to keep me busy and winter on its way. I really didn’t want a new Road King sitting in my garage and all i could do is look at it... other than paying for it.... Patience... dam it is a long time... lol..

I will enjoy it when it gets here, and so will you..

PhilRKC

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I stopped by my friendly Harley outlet just to see if by chance they had a black FXST sitting around and sure enough, no they didn't. But, they did check what was scheduled to come in and possibly the end of January I could get my bike. That's OK, I'll sit and stare it for a couple of months until the snow melts.

·
Registered
12 Posts
sdeforest said:
I'm not sure I'm going to survive this wait. I ordered a black 2003 FXST a little over a month ago, I've been thinking about it everyday since and will, I'm sure, be thinking about it until it is delivered in June 2003. This is as good as anticipated sex. I need a diversion. Sex, maybe not. I've been married for 22 years, have two girls and a grandson (surprise dad). I congradulated my dauther graduating high school and the birth of a new grandson virtually weeks apart. I've had a bike in my life, on and off, for 30 years. I've been riding a 650 Honda Nighthawk for the last 11 years. I am so ready for this Harley.
Certainly glad I found this forum. This will help pass the time.
OOOOOOO how I knew that feeling!!!!

Tell ya what, we ordered a 2001 flht in the fall of 2000, we were told that we would have to wait till April possibly May to get it! But she said "tell ya what" sometimes they get orders and people change their mind or just decide they can't afford it, so she really kept notes on people that seem to "can't wait" for one. Right or wrong this is what happened. We called her at least once a week and asked if they had any cancellations on the bike we wanted, THEN in Dec we got a call, she got her first cancellation and even though she had a couple of other people before us she had not heard one word from them and she figured the only way to get us off her back was to say "if you want it, it's yours" YEEEHAAAAAA those calls paid off, sooooo the moral is, bug da chit out of em!!!

22,000+ miles later, I am one happy young lady!!! Our longest ride so far was this year, left here and rode to GA from there headed to Sturgis from there it was back down to GA where I stayed for a while and he rode back to Maine. I'll tell ya, it was great being on the road that long, went through every type of weather from 110 heat to going through one of the worst thunder and lightning storms I have ever seen!!

It's rough when you can only take off so much time a year and all you wanna do is ride!

Good luck on getting that bike a little early and remember use that phone, who knows maybe your local HD Santa will surprise you with a phone call!!

Save a life, look twice, motorcycles are everywhere!!

·
EvilMonger
8,793 Posts
Welcome and good luck. This forum has a wealth of information to read to help pass the time while maybe learning something new.

·
Road Captain
6,628 Posts
Welcome and enjoy!

·
Registered
47 Posts
sdeforest said:
Markcuda, When I first went to talk to the dealer about this bike they also said I could get one in Feb. but, for me, this was a big decision and when I went back, three days later, June was the soonest to receive a new bike. It's going to be getting cold in Michigan, soon, so the riding season is about to windup, even though it has been unseasonable warm lately. Besides the time frame will give me a chance to save some cash. But yes, I'm so geeked. I'm walking three feet off the ground and can't peel this smile off my face. Enjoy your bike in Feb., I'll still be shoveling snow.
Brought my E/Glide home in nov.,....they delivered it "0" miles,....MY "CHRISMAS PRESENT",... to myself, N there it sits.........
But it has given me a chance to install alota "Stuff",...I just hope ,I can stay away from the motor,.....

·
Wicked!
6,743 Posts
I ordered mine in August and found out Friday that it is finally in. Know it is the anticipation of when I can come pick it up!! I feel for ya though. You have until June to get yours. Boy that seems like such a wait. Welcome to the board and congradulations on your order. ;)

·
Registered
584 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Good site to let off a little steam, when the anticipation really sets in. Oh, and my your wait be short. J.T.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts