V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Just the facts ma'am
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the BS air cleaner on my 02 Fatboy and I'd like to vent the oil that collects away from the A/C .

I know this can be done with the screamin eagle A/C but has anyone ever done it with the BS?

Thanks in advance.

Joe

·
Just the facts ma'am
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I guess no replies means it can't or has never been done? No one has a view on this?

Joe
bewildered

·
Registered
110 Posts
Not sure what you mean, I have a Ness BS, and its designed so any oil gets sucked into the air inlet and out via the combustion route. Seems to work great as it is and keeps the air filter free from engine oil contamination.

WB

·
Premium Member
240 Posts
I don't know what you mean either. The way the Ness Big Sucker is designed, the oil from the crankcase breather doesn't even touch the air filter.:coffee:

·
Just the facts ma'am
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My bad for not being clear enough. i want to route the oil vapor to the ground rather than through the combustion chamber. Several folks have done this with the HD back plates. can this be done with the Ness design?

Thanks in advance,

Joe

·
Registered
6,413 Posts
Given enough time and money, most anything is possible. You'd probably be better off just swapping the BS for a SE backing plate that utilizes the 2 separate breather bushings (ones for 1/4" hose) and doing it that way.

·
Premium octane member
7,381 Posts
the ness big sucker has the breather ports molded to the backing plate. It would be a lot of machining to change over. I would leave it and be happy or get the Doherty power pacc as it is a great design. Thats just my opinion, hope it helps

·
XLIII
10,078 Posts
The current SE doesn't have the banjo bolts, either.
Doherty or you could cobble something together from Drag Specialties catalog...

·
Registered
6,413 Posts
MegaGlide said:
The current SE doesn't have the banjo bolts, either.
Doherty or you could cobble something together from Drag Specialties catalog...
The breather bushings or banjo fittings can still be ordered from HD. Not sure about the backing plate though but I suspect it's still available.

·
Premium Member
1,298 Posts
TXCHOP said:
the ness big sucker has the breather ports molded to the backing plate. It would be a lot of machining to change over. I would leave it and be happy or get the Doherty power pacc as it is a great design. Thats just my opinion, hope it helps
Chop, I've got a Power Pacc w/vents and it really helps. You still get a little misting out of the throat of the manifold but that's not gonna go away. But my filter stays clean. Performance wise it's seems to do as advetised.

·
Just the facts ma'am
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for all the info. I'll check out the power pac and look into scraping up an old HD back plate.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts