V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

I am dissapointed to state that my plans for a Sportster have been temporarily set back. The first being that my Ex is now barring me from seeing and speaking to the kids. Her continued threats of fleeing the country and this latest battle have forced me to seek an attorney and do some things I didn't want to do. This will leave me with little funds.

I love my two girls and miss them terribly.

The second and equally important issue is the fact that Saturday I found out that my credit has been massacred this past year. I take part of the responsibility and also blame the Ex as she did a few things that really hurt it.

As some of you may or may not know, this has been a very trying time for me this past year. I was hoping to do something for me as sort of a gift to myself. Something I have wanted for many years.

I'm not sure if the bike would have made me feel better, but I am saddened because I so wanted to try to see some light.

For now, I will just have to gather the funds till I can pay cash for it. It will take (a lot) longer, but I will get one.

I'm not going anywhere, and will continue to post. Buying another bike is also not an option for me. I'm stubborn that way. Any locals that have a Sportster I can come and LOOK at, I would appreciate that. :)

Peace,

Ross

·
Premium Member
1,552 Posts
That's a bumper Ross! Life throws us some pretty nasty curves from time to time and we must be resillient. Your priorities seem to be in proper order. Take of you and yours first then concentrate on the luxuries in life. You've exhibited maintained focus on your goal of purchasing a Sporty and this is good.

My dear departed Great Uncle said some thing to me a long time ago that always stuck with me..."Set reasonable, attainable goals for yourself throughout your life and you're sure to succeed." He was the epitome of rags to riches! Sounds as if you're on the right track. Don't lose sight of your goals!

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
No worries man! once the "SPAM Can " and "SPAM Can II with cager deterrent system" sales take off you'll be able to buy all the bikes you want. :D

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Damn Ross, that really bites ! Keep focused on what is truly important to you. Hopefully the ex will come to her senses and resolve the rift between the two of you. Kids need the contact of both parents IMHO. Let them know they have not done anything wrong, and that you truly love them. Hang in there man. Good Luck.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Ross,
It sure sounds like you got your priorities right.
Your situation sounds alot like mine just a few years ago. All I can say is hang in there because things will get better. You'll get your bike and enjoy it even more.

·
EvilMonger
8,793 Posts
Ross,

Good luck, you will apreciate your bike even more when it is your time. If I could afford it I would buy you your bike, sounds like you deserve it !! Hang in there.

·
Just Like to Ride
3,242 Posts
You're doing right thing to get a lawyer to make sure you can see your kids. Just make sure you cover all bases and keep records of everything you do for the kids or money you pay out. Never give her any kind of payment in cash without getting a signed receipt. Better yet, refuse to give cash. A court will always back you up on that. If she doesn't have a checking account to cash your check, that's her problem(and court will frown on her for that). If she won't take a check from you, get certified or cashier's check. If you have to mail any kind of child support check, send it registered or certified. Something that someone has to sign for to prove they got the check. Don't throw anything away until after the youngest is an adult(and then wait about 5 years before you throw it away).

Kind of sad that she wants to be this way but it happens every damn day in America.

Good luck. Kids are worth the hassle of dealing with an ex. Even if they are an a**hole! Keep your tongue to yourself around them and they'll eventually start to see who is good guy and who is bad.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Hang in there Ross. In this case, being stubborn is a good thing. You'll get your bike dude, just keep looking forward.

·
DHARMA Initiative
5,678 Posts
Ross,

Sorry to hear things are not going well. Glad to see that you have your priorities in order too. I feel the same way about my kid as she is number one in my life. The bike can wait till another day. Hang in there and good luck.

·
Registered
688 Posts
Kids are more important than a machine. I waited till after my boy was out of the house before even thinking about my own dreams of riding. Sold my first HD just to put a roof over our heads. Kids are like missiles, for a while you have a positive control over their lives, then all of a sudden (teenage years) you realize they are on their own and nothing you say or do has any more influence (sad but true). They come around later though, adulthood does tend to bring them back to the fold. You got the right attitude!!!!! Hang in there.

·
Road Captain
6,628 Posts
Keep your head up Ross, determination is on your side!

·
Registered
62 Posts
That sucks Ross. Keep fighting it will all pay off in the long run.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Damn, thanks everyone! I appreciate all of your words of support.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Do what is right and believe in yourself. Things will work out in the end. Take care of the business that counts (the kids) and the rest will take care of itself. Hang in there and peace.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts