V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I am a hot rodder, who has always loved harleys. Dad has owned a few, and I had a 76 sporty when I was in HS (not a day went by without a girl asking for a ride) and I miss having one bad.

I am now currently in the Air Force (about to go to england for two years) and am most likely going to pick up an 80 cube flathead for CHEAP off my dad's bike mechanic. Of course he asks "Why not a pan or shovel" and of course, my answer "I like old and unique junk" so there ya go, lol...

Anyone have any good sites about flatheads, possibly with an exploded view of one?

I've already seen a couple aftermarket sources, for like cams, aluminum heads, etc...

Thanks!!

·
Highly Seasoned Rider!
4,884 Posts
grand_marquis_g said:
Hello all,

I am a hot rodder, who has always loved harleys. Dad has owned a few, and I had a 76 sporty when I was in HS (not a day went by without a girl asking for a ride) and I miss having one bad.

I am now currently in the Air Force (about to go to england for two years) and am most likely going to pick up an 80 cube flathead for CHEAP off my dad's bike mechanic. Of course he asks "Why not a pan or shovel" and of course, my answer "I like old and unique junk" so there ya go, lol...

Anyone have any good sites about flatheads, possibly with an exploded view of one?

I've already seen a couple aftermarket sources, for like cams, aluminum heads, etc...

Thanks!!
Harley Tech Talk is a website with a flathead section but I don't know how active it is. Everything on your bike, other than the engine is the same as a Knucklehead and there is plenty of information and parts around for those.

Also, V-Twin Manufacturing has some parts for the big flatheads. Good luck.

http://groups.msn.com/HarleyTechTalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts