V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been a member & posting for a few weeks, but figured I'd formally introduce myself anyway.

I'm unfortunately 50 years old, and started riding when I was about 22 (1977). I shared an office with a guy who was a bike nut (had one of the original Suzuki water cooled bikes) and he hooked me up with a friend who sold me some old POS Sears 125 for $100 to learn on. First real bike was a Yamaha 550 Seca. Rode that from Florida all the way to PA with a friend one fall. Had a series of *** & Ducati sport bikes for many years, and finally sold my last bike and quit riding about 1990.

Started thinking about getting another bike a few years ago, but didn't act on it mostly due to pressure from the wife. Finally jumped back in earlier this year after several life events made me realize I wasn't getting any younger and you needed to have fun now, not later. Decided to act my age and go the cruiser route instead of crotch rockets this time. Thought about a HD, but went with a Kaw Vulcan Mean Streak instead (I rationalized the HD wasn't worth 2X the price). After putting several thousand miles on the Meanie in a few months, I was hooked again. Realized I really did want a HD, and a geezer bike, too (bagger). After a couple of attempts to buy a used one (long story), I decided to just f**k it and went and bought a brand new Road King Custom last week. Merry Christmas to me!

Have almost 1000 miles on it in a little over a week and I'm loving it. Been busy customizing too. Glad to be here finally

·
scooter coot
321 Posts
Congrats on the new scooter from a fellow geriatric rider..
Us old coots have to get some riding time while we still can!!! :wootdnc:

·
Soar like an Eagle
2,570 Posts
Hey Keith, welcome. What is unfortunate about 50, beats the alternative. No really life is pretty good at this age, we hopefully have already learned from all of our previous mistakes in life and hopefully have a little more cash to spend on chrome than we did when we were 20. Life is short, enjoy the ride my friend.

·
DHARMA Initiative
5,678 Posts
:welcome: to the forum. Congrats on the RKC. Love the attitude about getting it. :beer4u: Lots of great info here. Post up often and enjoy.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Been a member & posting for a few weeks, but figured I'd formally introduce myself anyway.

I'm unfortunately 50 years old, and started riding when I was about 22 (1977). I shared an office with a guy who was a bike nut (had one of the original Suzuki water cooled bikes) and he hooked me up with a friend who sold me some old POS Sears 125 for $100 to learn on. First real bike was a Yamaha 550 Seca. Rode that from Florida all the way to PA with a friend one fall. Had a series of *** & Ducati sport bikes for many years, and finally sold my last bike and quit riding about 1990.

Started thinking about getting another bike a few years ago, but didn't act on it mostly due to pressure from the wife. Finally jumped back in earlier this year after several life events made me realize I wasn't getting any younger and you needed to have fun now, not later. Decided to act my age and go the cruiser route instead of crotch rockets this time. Thought about a HD, but went with a Kaw Vulcan Mean Streak instead (I rationalized the HD wasn't worth 2X the price). After putting several thousand miles on the Meanie in a few months, I was hooked again. Realized I really did want a HD, and a geezer bike, too (bagger). After a couple of attempts to buy a used one (long story), I decided to just f**k it and went and bought a brand new Road King Custom last week. Merry Christmas to me!

Have almost 1000 miles on it in a little over a week and I'm loving it. Been busy customizing too. Glad to be here finally
I’m 65 & ride a FXDC GREAT BIKE

1 - 10 of 10 Posts