V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off, hello to all you riders!!! And also I wanted to comment the creator of this web site, it is very nice!!! I see there are some very neat people out here. Well I started riding when i was about four. I got my first mini bike then..then I progressed to dirt bikes and ATV's the following 20 years. Damn, that even makes me sound old!?!?! I bought my first street bike three years ago, a 1997 Honda Magna, I was 22 at the time. It was a fun bike, but not an experience like my Harley. I had that bike for about a year and a halp and put about 1500 miles on it. Not too many, it just wasn't as exciting as I thought it would be. I bought my second bike just this past June. My 2001 HD Sportster Custom. I'm addicted to this damn thing!!! I've aleady put over 2k miles on it in the past 4mos. I have also put extra chrome on it, billet grips/pegs, and a Badlander sear on it too. It looks very nice. I do want a bigger bike already, but I'm a little low on $$$$. It sucks, because I look a little big for the bike. Well that's my intro, look forward to talking and meeting other guys and hopefully some gals out here too!!

1200hoggin:p

·
Wicked!
6,743 Posts
Welcome to the site. I, too have a Sporty, but I also want a bigger bike. Fortunately, I have a Fatboy on order and it's coming In December. NOT because I'm to big for the Sporty, but I'm ready for a bigger challenge. Carrie

·
Road Captain
6,628 Posts
Welcome to the boards 1200hoggin, enjoy that sporty, before you know it you'll have the bucks for the bagger and lots of butt miles to go with it.

·
Premium Member
1,394 Posts
Glad to see ya joined us Hoggin.
Im sure yo haev already noticed that this site is by FAR the best source for HD related info, advise, and access to unparalleled tech tips and talent out there.
Enjoy, contribute, and keep them miles rackin. The 1200 should keep ya smilin and hold you righ up there with the "bigger" bikes until you decide you have the means and can say goodbye to your "first".
Party On!!!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Bang on - wish I'd had a sporty in my early 20's!

1200hoggin; warmest welcom here. Enjoy the sporty. An upgrade to something bigger will happen in time. For now the important thing is to enjoy what you have.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I second Tom, I wish I had a Hog at 22. I'm 33 and finially got one. Been a long time coming, but good things come to those who wait. Just like you working on getting a bigger bike. Best of luck. Ride safe. J.T.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Welcome 1200hoggin,

I think that is the way most of us feel once you get a Harley then comes extra chrome and then another Harley or a bigger Harley, you’re hooked alright. Again welcome an enjoy but most of all ride safe

Dave

·
Do it in the woods !
67 Posts
1200hoggin , you couldn't have come to a better place to get acquainted with the HD products and lifestyle .I'm new to the forum ,too but I had my first Harley at 22 .That was in '72 .Let the adventure begin !

1 - 10 of 10 Posts