V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Free Idears Available
2,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

I like the idea of the v-rod but just couldn't warm up to it's styling. No, it's not because it doesn't look like a traditional Harley, I just don't really like it. I like the Triumph Tiger and a few BMWs for example so you can tell it isn't that I can't appreciate diferent things......

Anyhow...I think I know now what I don't like...it's that silvery brushed metal. I think they tried too hard to be different. It finally hit me when I saw this pic on the Harley sight. I think it looks pretty damn good.

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
That is one good looking scoot! They should have more of those Trans type colors!

·
Registered
8,786 Posts
But that make's it look more like a crotch rocket!

·
Registered
903 Posts
Yeah - that looks really good! But then again I kinda liked the way it looks anyway.

G

·
The brushed aluminum finish makes me think of a Delorean - not exactly the kind of image you'd think H-D would want popping up...

·
Registered
544 Posts
It's only painted; I think the brushed finish added uniqueness to it. When painted it look about like any other bike. Don't think I'll opt for paint, I think the brushed finish gives it a nice clean look.

Heck, on a short drive home, just this last Saturday, while stopped at three different traffic lights, different people start talking to me about my bike, while sitting in their cars. They were just asking me about my bike and saying how much they liked the way it looks. I do have a little extra chrome and the stage one. At two of the lights I had to end the conversation because the light had changed green. But the oddest thing is no one blew their horn, everyone just sat their waiting until we were finished talking, that is very odd for this area, it's normally like green light - no movement - hit horn.

Lets face it that, Discovery Channel show on the V-Rod got everyone including non-motorcycle folks all worked up over it. Best commercial Harley could have ever have made and it was well done. And yes I did buy a copy for myself and it's still in the top ten of the most purchased Discovery shows that they have run.

·
Registered
695 Posts
I'm with JettaTDI. I'll take the FXDWG.
On another point: I've got friends with sport bikes to include one guy with the new V-ROD. They're telling me that the V-ROD doesn't have the performance or the cornering abilities (compared to what they ride). It doesn't look like this bike would be comfortable on a long trip. What do you say VA V-Rod? Have you had your V-Rod out on any long trips yet?

·
Registered
22 Posts
When I first saw the V-Rod I have to admit, I thought it was fugly. Now, the styling has kind of grown on me. The real turning point came after seeing that Discovery Channel documentary. The R&D that went into that bike, and the testing that followed were nothing short of amazing. Very impressive.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Loud as hell, this bike rocks!! Anybody who does not like the V Rod, did not take the opportunity to watch the Discovery show, and appreciate what went into it, I LOVE a lot of the different style Hogs out there, and almost bought a fat Boy, until I saw this beautiful piece of machinery !! My bro has one, and with the touring seat, he has gone over 500 miles in one day, with his OL, and they both loved it!! Very comfortable with the upgraded seat, especially two up. With the BUB pipes he has on, it has the most sexy low growl I have ever heard on a bike, TRY one first, it is a SLEEPER hit, I think traditionalists do not want to make the step into the future, this is too damn smooth, to ignore

·
Registered
906 Posts
The V-Rod is no different than any other HD in that it doesn't appeal to everyone..thank [email protected]!! The more bikers that hate it the better, really makes it shine!!!
If your gonna compare the V-Rod to anything at least compare it to another bike in its class..ie another power cruiser. Just doesn't make sense to compare it to a crotch rocket...but wait it does have a radiator so I guess that makes it okay, DUH!

·
Registered
695 Posts
JoeJitsu,
Have you had your bike on any long trips yet -- how does it feel?

DJW,
Did your comments mean -- the bike is really fast?

Bobby Deerfield,
I'm sorry to say -- I missed the Discovery Channel special. I'm going to try and get a copy of that show. Did you record it? Know anyone that did?

·
Registered
119 Posts
You can purchase the dvd (or vhs for those living in the stone age) of the discovery channel special off of the discovery channel website, or from any discovery channel store. They also have another one called Motorcycle Mania, its a documentary with Jesse James, theres a second part as well, yep you guessed it Motorcycle Mania 2 also with Jesse James. Both go through him setting up his custom bikes, both are pretty good if your in the mood for it.

·
Registered
544 Posts
OK, OK cox9000, I have a copy of the show on CD, if you can use it I'll bring it over to your house tonight. Just got my copy back from a co-work who wanted to see it. It's not like you live around the corner from me. Just let me know at what time you get home.

Dave

·
Registered
906 Posts
Cox9000,

I've taken the V-Rod on some long trips, it does get painful, I couldn't even imagine trying to do a cross country trip on it. It could just be the way my back slumps cuz of the fwd controls, plus I'm 6'1".
I love the bike though and wouldn't trade it for anything, but a nice fluffy seat sure would feel nice! :)

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.