V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The one that has been very loyal and fair to me through the years is about 45 minutes away. Do I stay with the dealer that has treated me well or go bye my bike right around the corner. It is not a new shop just a second location opening up.

·
Road Captain
6,628 Posts
very loyal and fair

What's the question?

·
Incredible
3,029 Posts
You see what prices and services you get. Loyal? You should only be loyal if the prices are still better 45 minutes away. For parts, bikes, and apparell you should be loyal to the cheapest price.

There may be a better mechanic you want to use at the old shop. That might be one reason to still use the service bay. I would still buy my parts from the cheapest location.

·
Premium Member
184 Posts
Just my $.02...

I have a H-D 10 minutes away from my house, another 25 minutes away, and about a half dozen indy's in between. That being said, I ride 50 miles EVERY TIME I need anything! The indy I use has been honest, fair, and even helps me over the phone if I have a question while doin my own wrenchin'!

Is it sometimes a PIA? yes, if I'm leavin the bike, I have to get a ride home, or trailer it. Is it worth it? Absolutely! I will continue to support him and have him do my work as long as his doors stay open!:thumbsup:

·
Restless
1,672 Posts
FlamedFXSTC said:
The indy I use has been honest, fair, and even helps me over the phone if I have a question while doin my own wrenchin'!
Is it sometimes a PIA? yes, if I'm leavin the bike, I have to get a ride home, or trailer it. Is it worth it? Absolutely! I will continue to support him and have him do my work as long as his doors stay open!:thumbsup:
I like the way you think.;)

·
Premium Member
685 Posts
Dave1200C said:
It is not a new shop just a second location opening up.
this isn't clear to me...is this a satellite location for the original shop you mentioned? If so, what's the issue? it's all the same company. If not, you owe it to YOURSELF to check 'em out - sales, service, P&A. They might be just has good.

·
Doing time, behind bars!
1,480 Posts
Might be clear to you, but ..........

Dave1200C said:
The one that has been very loyal and fair to me through the years is about 45 minutes away. Do I stay with the dealer that has treated me well or go bye my bike right around the corner. It is not a new shop just a second location opening up.
seems a bit vague to me.

This could be read 2 ways -

A - this second shop is affiliated with the one 45 mins away - no problem is there?

B- this second shop is affiliated with a different shop even farther away - competition is supposed to be good for the customer; drop a few big hints while discussing prices at all 3 outlets :D

·
XLIII
10,078 Posts
Let's see....
Y'all b!tch when they don't know your name, don't deal, and some unknown drone screws up wrenchin' on your bike, but you don't think there should be mutual back scratching and loyalty when a dealer actually IS good, just the dealer suckin' you off 'cause you're the only guy ever bought a Harley. Izzat about right?

·
DHARMA Initiative
5,678 Posts
Is this new shop going to have coffee? :laugh:

·
Incredible
3,029 Posts
All Stealers are basically the same. You will ocassionally find one that has a good wrench. You will sometimes find one that has a person who actually knows how to use a dyno. Not true of the stealers here locally. They think in dyno time by the hour to tune one in. There were several bikes burned up by one in particular.

·
EASY DOES IT
8,914 Posts
Dave1200C said:
I have 4 dealers within 20 minutes of my house...I have no favoritism...I'm not a customer of any of them....

·
Restless
1,672 Posts
jockeyshift said:
Is this new shop going to have coffee? :laugh:
Throw in some doughnuts and who could blame em??:laugh:

·
Road Captain
6,628 Posts
Fatb0y said:
All Stealers are basically the same.
I disagree, all Dealers are not basically the same. This can be said for the Sales, but there are a few that excel in service and parts.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I ride 4 hours, past several shops, when I need to have anything done on the bike because the dealer I go to has earned my trust and loyality.{salute( From the wrench, to the managers, to the owener they all know me and the wife by name and they treat us as friends.

I had given the local dealer a chance when I was buying the bike and was treated like crap.:puke: That was enough for me.

In this world there are those that earn your business and there are those that have the attitude " If you dont buy, the next guy will.":(

·
Registered
271 Posts
I live about 15 miles from one of the largest dealers around and about 30+miles from the dealer that I bought my bike from,that charged me nearly $3000 less than the close one, gives me discounts on everything I buy, and gets me in right away for service. Sure, it can be a pain if I have to leave it but I figure I'm $3000 ahead already, plus discounts, and these people know me and have steered me straight so far. The other dealer, when I was asking around about exhausts, would not put Vance and Hines pipes on unless I let them put on a Power Commander.My dealer said it was not necessary for my bike.
My dealer is Bourbeuse Valley in Villa Ridge Missouri

·
Registered
3,992 Posts
jawrider said:
My dealer is Bourbeuse Valley in Villa Ridge Missouri
Know them, you're right they are good folks. Kevin, the service writer, is a retired Coastie and a friend of mine. Been awhile since I've seen him, need to get back out there.

·
Incredible
3,029 Posts
The best dealer I have found in this town turned out to be the one I used to drive by when it comes to parts. They don't stock alot, you may have to get it ordered, but they always get you the best price once you are a regular. The other dealers have a sale every once and a while that gives you 20% off, but they are few and far in between. Best prices I have found all the time is via the web. There are a few dealers (like chicago harley) that give 20% off on every sale via the web.

·
04 Super Glide Sport
290 Posts
Dave1200C said:
You were loyal to HD & that dealer when you plunked down your cash for your bike, now be loyal to your wallet. Get the best price from the new dealer and give the dealer you're having guilt feelings about, the first opportunity to match or better the price/service. If they're mutually loyal, they will try to keep you as a customer and accomodate you. You would not be trying to beat them down, you are offering them first crack at selling a bike to you, at fair market value.

They're rational people and understand basic economics. You can service your bike at either shop and you will not receive lesser service simply because you bought the bike from a different shop.

·
Incredible
3,029 Posts
fastappy said:
You were loyal to HD & that dealer when you plunked down your cash for your bike, now be loyal to your wallet. Get the best price from the new dealer and give the dealer you're having guilt feelings about, the first opportunity to match or better the price/service. If they're mutually loyal, they will try to keep you as a customer and accomodate you. You would not be trying to beat them down, you are offering them first crack at selling a bike to you, at fair market value.

They're rational people and understand basic economics. You can service your bike at either shop and you will not receive lesser service simply because you bought the bike from a different shop.
Exactly. If you want to be loyal, be sure they offer you better or same prices as who just opened and the same service. If not, then be "loyal" to the new shop. :)

·
Registered
349 Posts
swmnkdinthervr said:
I have 4 dealers within 20 minutes of my house...I have no favoritism...I'm not a customer of any of them....
I like your logic:dunno:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.