V-Twin Forum banner

561 - 576 of 576 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
All I'm trying to say is evolution is literally working on AMERICAN biking which seems to be being reduced to Sportsters & Baggers which is what I've thought the entire time. The days of the 'mucho macho' $30k Fatbob, Breakout & Softtail are done IMO & < that is going to be a bitter pill to swallow for all the Johnny Bravos out there who seem to think they can buy manliness while calling the Sporster a 'girl's bike' because its smaller . I can't see riding a Sportster any more than 50 miles at a clip nor can I see street racing a 800lb CVO either. Two different bikes for two completely different purposes. Neither better nor worse than the other...just different.

·
Registered
67 Posts
That video is the famous "Dyna-Glide' rider of the Dragon's Tail. 74ci. I think he's a pro racer? Not sure though.

·
Registered
67 Posts
No it's a Dyna. I'm looking for the interview w/ the guy. He was a pro motocrosser from the area near the Dragon's Tail I think.

·
Super Moderator
20,853 Posts
That video is the famous "Dyna-Glide' rider of the Dragon's Tail. 74ci. I think he's a pro racer? Not sure though.
That is not the Tail of the Dragon, and that is not a 74 inch shovel. No such thing as a shovel Head Dyna. Just look at the scooter, it's a twin cam Dyna. That electrical cover is the tell.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I tracked the info down. Its "The Snake" portion of Mulholland Highway, on the way to the "Rock Store". The guy's name is Mike S. That's all I can find for now.

·
Registered
12,012 Posts
I did a fun road in 17 was east of Boone NC and north of Ashville. Take 26 out of Ashville to exit 9 get on 19 to Burnsville make a left on 19W brings you back to 26 in TN. It is hair raising until the TN state line, but still enjoyable.

Sent from my moto g(7) supra using Tapatalk

·
Registered
66 Posts
I believe after careful research and consideration its a 2017 FXDL.. The rider's name is Gary and he is a local of the Dragon.. I may be wrong, but oh well.. Wrong is the new Right.

561 - 576 of 576 Posts