V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The bike I had b4 my Road King was a Royal Star Classic. I found I didn't use the bags on it that much so I had Dragon Motorcycles build me a nice billet set of hangers for the exhausts. The hangers were needed when the bags and their mounting hardware was removed. The bike looked great this way.

But finally I wised up and got rid of the Yamaha and bought the RK. When I clean the RK and remove the bags, I like the look but all the hardware for the mufflers and other stuff looks bad.

Thus, my question....has anyone heard of or maybe has done a "conversion" of their RK by removing the bags and hardware and used some knod of custom hnager for the mufflers?

Buckethead....

·
Infidel
6,331 Posts
Buckethead said:
When I clean the RK and remove the bags, I like the look ....
You gotta be kidding.

Why not just get a Heritage?

wyo

·
Registered
94 Posts
I remember reading an article last year about a guy who modified his Road King to have take off bags. Don't remember where I saw it, but it was a lot custom one-off fab work done by the owner, not an off the shelf product. To each his own, but it didn't do anything for me.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If I can get the money tree to grow better, I'd like to have 2 bikes...

The RK for trips with my better half and a Heritage, set up solo, for just me when I'm out with my buddies..

But since that money tree has quit blooming I thought maybe there were some after market "gadgets" I could use to get that "kinda heriatge" look.

Besides, I like sitting in the garage and playing with my toys, so removing stuff on occasion would be just fine.

O well....no loss here, I still love this bike..

Bucket..

·
Banned
2,597 Posts
When I get my money tree to finaly start growing, I will get me a Duece, of course also keep my Ultra:)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts