V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if anyone knows of a good cleaning product that does a
good job removing bug guts from the painted surfaces.
Thanks
Ride Safe
Masher

·
Registered
174 Posts
I just bought this bug remover from turtle wax....It comes in a throw away towelete. It wiped off the bugs off my chrome and fairing with ease...and then i simply go over the bike with some quick detail spray.

G

·
I bought the big 16 oz can of Turtle Wax bug and tar remover, and use an old sock (2 small boys = many old holey socks...). Works great and way cheaper than the moist towelette version. I do keep a few of the towelette ones in my saddlebags for cleanups on the road.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks

Thanks for the information and I will be getting some of that turtle
wax bug remover,,,,Now,,,,If I could just find something to remove the
idiot cage drivers from the road I would no doubt become a very rich
man!
Ride Safe
masher

·
Just Like to Ride
3,242 Posts
Re: Thanks

masher51 said:
,,,,If I could just find something to remove the idiot cage drivers from the road I would no doubt become a very rich man!
If you do, I'm buying a case!!! :D

·
Registered
695 Posts
Well, I use some well chewed, chewin' tobacco and honk a good juicy one right on the old dried up bug -- it doesn't work HA!
Just kidding -- Thanks for the tip on the Turtle

·
Registered
684 Posts
Hey Masher, I'm using the S-100 total cycle cleaner "stuff". You spray it all over the bike and then give it a good washing. It even disolves the stuff between the fins on the jugs. It does a good job on bugs as well as grease.

If you buy it, get the refill container and put your own sprayer on it. The small spray bottle they sell is too expensive.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
OK

Thanks Straydog for the tip.I don't know what it is about bug guts,but,that crap is hard to remove.
Ride Safe
masher

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
H-D Remover

At the H-d Dealer I noticed that H-d has a bug remover,anyone used
it?
Ride safe
masher

·
Banned
2,597 Posts
On my 69 cuda, I use W-D40, works great, if it is good for the car, then it can't hurt the Harley:)

·
Registered
684 Posts
russell1755 said:
What about using it on the windshield?
I use it everywhere, including the windshield.

FYI . . . I'm planning to go with Hippo's suggestion of using diluted (50%) Simple Green. I'm sure that it will do just as well and it is a heck of lot cheaper.

What ever cleaner you decide to go with, you need to avoid directly spraying onto any bearing seals. Overspray is okay, but not direct.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts