V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Steve, (GMR) installed his 107" kit including; 10.8:1 J&E pistons, R&R cast heads, 615/585 gear drive cams & camplate, S&S roller rockers, HPI 51mm TB & Primo Pro clutch in my '07 Street Glide. I am running a Supertrapp 2:1 w/24discs.

Mike Stegman at Latus Motors did the dyno tuning last Thursday and came up with 117hp w/ 117.5 torque. Mike said he could have got to 120hp but at the expense of torque. Mike also said he was impressed with this kit's torque curve hitting 100 @ 2700 RPM and staying above 100 all the way to 6300 RPM. He ran multi discs from 14 to 24 with 24 discs giving the best curve.

Driving impressions are great! The motor seems to have the best of all worlds. It is well mannered around town, idle is smooth, the motor at highway speeds is smooth, I think the motor (valve train) is quiet, gas mileage is even a little better than when stock or the previous 103" kit. Oh yeah it's fast too. What I like a lot is during normal driving the bike accelerates like a normal bike but when you twist the throttle a little more maybe half open it really pulls and pushes you back in your seat.

I have ridden for many years under the rule of thumb, to keep the RPMs above 2500. This bike actually pulls pretty well from 2000 RPM up, it does not lug at 2000 even in 6th gear. Speaking of 6th gear, 6th gear is now useable, it has power. Twist the throttle at 2500 RPMs in 6th and it actually pushes you back.

As you can see I am very happy with this build which really means I am very happy with Steve and Robert at GMR, Mike Stegman at Latus Motors and of course R&R products. Again thank you guys!

·
Registered
621 Posts
dennish said:
Steve, (GMR) installed his 107" kit including; 10.8:1 J&E pistons, R&R cast heads, 615/585 gear drive cams & camplate, S&S roller rockers, HPI 51mm TB & Primo Pro clutch in my '07 Street Glide. I am running a Supertrapp 2:1 w/24discs.
As you can see I am very happy with this build which really means I am very happy with Steve and Robert at GMR, Mike Stegman at Latus Motors and of course R&R products. Again thank you guys!
Congratulations! That's a nice build and with excellent results!

Regards,
NC

·
Snap-on man
211 Posts
Great combination, With all the right stuff, Im sure that you will enjoy the build. Good luck.

·
"Jane you ignorant slut!"
2,292 Posts
How about posting the dyno sheet.

I'm assuming you're running a closed end cap with that many discs. How do you feel about how loud the exhaust is?

·
Premium Member
1,310 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So, should I be jealous that you are getting 125hp out of the same build with 98"?

Yes, I'm running a closed cap. I'm okay with the noise. At highway speeds (65 to 80+) I can hear the radio. I had a V&H Pro Pipe on my 1999 95" and it was really annoying at highway speeds.

I'm having a little trouble posting the dyno sheet, sizing issue. Will get it done though.

·
Premium Member
550 Posts
Nice! Mike also tuned mine. The guy knows what he is doing, that's for sure.....

·
Premium Member
222 Posts
Dennish,

Nice build and numbers. Hope mine gets those sort of results.

What did you use for module-DTT, Thundermax or PC

Thanks
karlrockdrain

·
Premium Member
665 Posts
Ahhhhhhh , Dennish you dont need to be jealous of the the ole 98". You have a 107"

·
IronButt
6,364 Posts
Glad to hear you are happy not bad for a mild 107 build. We have one now that will be done here in the next day same build with a D&D fat cat quite baffle with compression at 11.2.1, with that cam and a tad more compression it will come on even harder the bike is a 07 dyna wide glide, should be a blast to ride.

Pipes play a part in the curve, larger throttle body, would add to peak numbers. But for the bagger kit,... and after speaking with Mike at Latus( great guy, look for our heads through them very soon for there packages ) and tuning to produce a great tq curve for a bagger that runs on any pump fuel with no issues, I would say this kit is a winner.

·
Premium Member
1,310 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Karl; All I am running is the SERT. Well, if your kit is like mine then you are going to be happy with it. I really enjoy the feeling of acceleration and this kit delivers.

Steve; glad to hear it is a mild build which means there is more to be had, LOL!! Good luck with Latus, that should be a winning combo!

The only downside to this build that I didn't think of was how it will test my self-restraint. I've never been one to be able to leave anything alone. Is it possible my motor is done?

·
Let er rip!
2,876 Posts
So 10.8 pistons with R&R stage 5 heads is mild?

If so, why?

Obviously 11.2 will be more, but....

·
IronButt
6,364 Posts
Sure we could have bumped the t/b to a 55 or 58 MM booted the compression to 11.2, swapped in a equal legnth header pipe. So yes Dennis's build is mild compared to what we could have done. Overall the kit was set up for his bagger and his needs.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts