V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
FOG
6,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
9th Circuit......anyone shocked?

Thursday, October 11, 2007
WASHINGTON — A federal judge barred the Bush administration Wednesday from beginning a planned crackdown on U.S. firms that hire illegal immigrants, writing that it could have a "staggering" impact on law-abiding workers and companies.

U.S. District Judge Charles Breyer of San Francisco granted a preliminary injunction against President Bush's plan to pressure employers, starting this fall, to fire millions of workers whose names don't match their Social Security numbers.

·
Keep the rubber side down
1,015 Posts
shocked? NO!

The ninth circus court of appeals, what a joke, as history already knows. Bunch of flaming liberals have the record for the most overturned cases in the country.

Shocked? NO!

·
Registered
4,820 Posts
consider this aspect

Homeland security can not operate the do-not-fly list without major issues. In some instances as many as 1,000 people with the same name are bared from flying. If you should happen to be one of those people on the list and go through the process to clear your name it can take six months to a year to get your name off the list.

The same people now and you to believe they can do a better job of determining whose SS number is valid or not valid. I doubt they can do any better with this idea than with the no-fly list.

There has to be an easier and simpler way to validate the SS number of employees than simply expecting the system to provide infallible information on the validity of the SS number. Perhaps you've never had an issue with your SS number. I can attest to getting numerous end of the year statements from brokerages where they had issued form 1099s on my accounts with errors on the SS number. Then I get a corrected 1099. And once I filed my return I get notified I did not report the income on the first form. That little issue only took a year plus to rectify after I was notified of the problem. The notification took almost a year from when the return was filed. Now you expect me to believe these same people can not be wrong on SS numbers.

Remember when most states used your SS number for your driver's license number. Lots of us got into issues when they could not match SS numbers with drivers records from across the country. Some insurnace companies use to do checks on your driving history based on your SS numer being your Dl number. The track record ion SS number as a positive identifier has proven itself prone to errors far to often.

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
It will be over-turned on appeal, most of their descisions are over-turned on appeal, what stinks is that it takes time to appeal, postponing action that badly needs to be taken.

·
EASY DOES IT
8,914 Posts
trooper113 said:
9th Circuit......anyone shocked?

Thursday, October 11, 2007
WASHINGTON — A federal judge barred the Bush administration Wednesday from beginning a planned crackdown on U.S. firms that hire illegal immigrants, writing that it could have a "staggering" impact on law-abiding workers and companies.

U.S. District Judge Charles Breyer of San Francisco granted a preliminary injunction against President Bush's plan to pressure employers, starting this fall, to fire millions of workers whose names don't match their Social Security numbers.
I gotta ask...considering his past/present support of illegals and amnesty do you honestly think for one minute that Dubya ever thought this would fly????

·
Registered
4,820 Posts
No

swmnkdinthervr said:
I gotta ask...considering his past/present support of illegals and amnesty do you honestly think for one minute that Dubya ever thought this would fly????
:hmmm: NO

·
Registered
13,064 Posts
Some employers are useing these phoney ss numbers to show phantom workers(to charge someone else) or to inflate moneys that were supposed to be used or to launder money for phantom jobs. Many times the employee does not even realize what is happening until later when he finds that he has no quarters worked on his SS report.

·
Registered
3,942 Posts
swmnkdinthervr said:
No,...hell no!

·
Banned
3,710 Posts
double speak

swmnkdinthervr said:

W thinks about illegals, then you see smoke coming out of his ears:hmmm:

What is he thinking as those two boarder guards(campion and ramos) are still

in jail for doing their job:hmmm:

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
knuckleheader said:
W thinks about illegals, then you see smoke coming out of his ears:hmmm:

What is he thinking as those two boarder guards(campion and ramos) are still

in jail for doing their job:hmmm:
Didn't they lie about poppin a cap in their original reports?

·
Banned
3,710 Posts
research

zoo said:
Didn't they lie about poppin a cap in their original reports?
take time and research, W don't want to give you a straight answer.

He really wants to push the security,prosperity, partnership.

A K A North American Union.

Sacrificing two agents to W is chump change.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts