V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings all!
Looking for low torque......what else matters?
Have S1 with air filer and slip on SE mufs.

Seems like the EV27 is a BIG favorite for low RPM stump pullin.
Considering swapping to SE heads at the same time.

Question
Will the EV27 perform at with the bigger valves and compresion with the SE heads? Or is a different Cam reccomended?

FOI
Short timer here but have learned a bunch..... thanks to all the trial and error guys out there!!

·
Registered
646 Posts
The EV27 is a great cam. I use to put them in lots of bikes. Stump pullin torque? Well I don't know about that, however it does do very well at the low end, as a matter of fact it does well from about 1500 to about 5000rpm and I think it is a very well rounded cam. It will work absolutely great with the SE heads. The valves on the heads are not too big. The heads will flow better also. Keep in mind that those heads will support a much larger cam with the right pistons, but will work fine with the EV27.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I've got a 98 Fatboy with the SE heads,EV27 cam,SE air filter and V&H bigshot longs. I can tell you it was a night & day difference from stock. The first time I nailed it,,I was hanging on for dear life.

·
Banned
871 Posts
rclines said:
Greetings all!
Looking for low torque......what else matters?
Have S1 with air filer and slip on SE mufs.

Seems like the EV27 is a BIG favorite for low RPM stump pullin.
Considering swapping to SE heads at the same time.

Question
Will the EV27 perform at with the bigger valves and compresion with the SE heads? Or is a different Cam reccomended?

FOI
Short timer here but have learned a bunch..... thanks to all the trial and error guys out there!!
Like the others said, the EV27 is a great street cam. For an even bigger boost to low end torque switch to a 2-1 exhaust. That alone will make a huge difference! With the cam, the change will be even more noticable. The stock exhaust, even with the SE slipons, aren't the best choice for torque, from my experience.... :)

·
Banned
871 Posts
fxstc94 said:
switch to cycle shacks pipes and enjoy the power with that set up:chopper:
Yeah, Cycle Shack slipons work OK (for a 2-2 exhaust) if you are on a budget. You still can't beat a 2-1 system, if you can afford it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts