V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 20 of 268 Posts

·
FYJIGM
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
NoVA Delinquents,
You broke me! I spoke to Revolution today and got a quote for the 98" kit. Looks like I am going to go with it so I can finally keep up. Anyone else doing upgrades? Though none of us will ever keep up with Wyo, it sounds like it will be satisfying. Anyone want to help build it?

doug

·
Yet another 43 Double D
626 Posts
Been there, done that

Sounds like your due for your Modaholics Unananomous membership card. :welcome:

I'll be there for moral support...

·
FYJIGM
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think I'll need it. Thanks for the support.

·
Infidel
6,331 Posts
DNLEVESQUE said:
NoVA Delinquents,
You broke me! I spoke to Revolution today and got a quote for the 98" kit. Looks like I am going to go with it so I can finally keep up. Anyone else doing upgrades? Though none of us will ever keep up with Wyo, it sounds like it will be satisfying. Anyone want to help build it?

doug
I can help by drinking your beer and offering positive, non-specific and probably useless advice. :cheers: :hystria:

On a serious note, I'd be happy to help in any way that I can.

·
FYJIGM
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
beer is a definate but useless advice is not. Any help will be good. I suppose it is time to get the service manual. That will be the best advise I need to invest in. I guess it's time to clean up the garage and get a bike lift.

·
EASY DOES IT
8,914 Posts
I'll be doing mine sometime this winter...musta been them holeshots last week :harhar: lemmie know and I help all I can!

·
FYJIGM
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
When are you doing yours? I've got a garage with plenty of space. Now I know that I will be at the front of the pack and not inhailing everyone elses fumes. I want to be like Wyo and sit back at the lights and watch everyone else doing holeshots knowing that not many can outrun although I'm going for a 98" kit, I will feel a hell of a lot better.

·
EASY DOES IT
8,914 Posts
DNLEVESQUE said:
When are you doing yours? I've got a garage with plenty of space. Now I know that I will be at the front of the pack and not inhailing everyone elses fumes. I want to be like Wyo and sit back at the lights and watch everyone else doing holeshots knowing that not many can outrun although I'm going for a 98" kit, I will feel a hell of a lot better.
Not certain yet when as I haven't even ordered the parts yet...I'll let ya know, Vafatboy and I were talking about doing ours together...he's doing his heads...let ya know...

·
FYJIGM
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
As of right now I am holding off on the heads. That way it will leave me with some other mod to do to the bike when I get tired of the current build. Looking forward to it now, I just hate that I won't be able to ride during the build.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
DNLEVESQUE. I've just ordered my 98" upgrade and would be willing to swap help with you. I've got (most) all of the tools and a Craftsman lift available. Not sure what bike you've got but, I also have a '02 softail manual. Shoot me a PM and we can get the details worked out if you're interested.

·
EASY DOES IT
8,914 Posts
monkeyboy said:
DNLEVESQUE. I've just ordered my 98" upgrade and would be willing to swap help with you. I've got (most) all of the tools and a Craftsman lift available. Not sure what bike you've got but, I also have a '02 softail manual. Shoot me a PM and we can get the details worked out if you're interested.
I got almost all the tools too...and a Craftsman lift...it may get crowded over there Doug :D

·
FYJIGM
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
sounds good monkeyboy. where are you located? I have an 05 Springer classic. I have yet to order my parts, but plan to real soon. what setup are you going with?
Doug

·
FYJIGM
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I picked up my craftsman lift last week. thing is great. there is always room for another bike in the garage. How about your setup John, what are you going with?
Doug

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Doug, I'm located in Nokesville, right around the corner from you (see my info in profile!.
I ordered 98" kit with 37g cams, some head work, and a few other odds and ends (including tool rental) from GMR (HDWRENCH) about two weeks ago. Talked to Steve @ GMR and most of the parts have arrived there but he's having trouble with my email and probably won't ship anything 'till that gets straightened out. I've got a small garage so, I appreciate the offer but, don't think I'll need it. Of course, if the timing is right, we might be able to do them together. Then again, it's gonna be cold here for a while so, I'm not im a big hurry to get mine done. As far as I know, engine tear down covered in the '02 manual should be the same for an '05 engine. Getting access to it (tank, fuel lines, etc.) might be a little different.

·
FYJIGM
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
monkeyboy said:
Doug, I'm located in Nokesville, right around the corner from you (see my info in profile!.
I ordered 98" kit with 37g cams, some head work, and a few other odds and ends (including tool rental) from GMR (HDWRENCH) about two weeks ago. Talked to Steve @ GMR and most of the parts have arrived there but he's having trouble with my email and probably won't ship anything 'till that gets straightened out. I've got a small garage so, I appreciate the offer but, don't think I'll need it. Of course, if the timing is right, we might be able to do them together. Then again, it's gonna be cold here for a while so, I'm not im a big hurry to get mine done. As far as I know, engine tear down covered in the '02 manual should be the same for an '05 engine. Getting access to it (tank, fuel lines, etc.) might be a little different.
Sounds like the build he recommended for me. Looking forward to it. I still need to invest in a manual myself, can't imagine it differs much from your manual, might have to utilize yours. I've got and '05 Springer Classic and not really in a hurry as long as it is done prior to the warm weather. I have not ordered it yet, need a few more dollars to get all the items HDWRENCH recommended and I'll order everything at the same time.

·
EASY DOES IT
8,914 Posts
DNLEVESQUE said:
Sounds like the build he recommended for me. Looking forward to it. I still need to invest in a manual myself, can't imagine it differs much from your manual, might have to utilize yours. I've got and '05 Springer Classic and not really in a hurry as long as it is done prior to the warm weather. I have not ordered it yet, need a few more dollars to get all the items HDWRENCH recommended and I'll order everything at the same time.
Hey...I've got the manual (it's the same for our engines except maybe valve guide seals) I may join you or not depending on time and cash but you're certainly welcome to use the manual...

·
FYJIGM
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
swmnkdinthervr said:
Hey...I've got the manual (it's the same for our engines except maybe valve guide seals) I may join you or not depending on time and cash but you're certainly welcome to use the manual...
sounds great. I'll have to take you up on that offer. I am just a few dollars short right now. I want to order everything at the same time so I don't have to delay getting the scoot back on the pavement. I should order by the 1st of Feb. when the payraise kicks in. Talk to you soon.

·
EASY DOES IT
8,914 Posts
Just bought the kit, cams and all...(98")...ummm gotta pay for it tomorrow morning but reserved it tonight, we got more back in taxes this year than we'd hoped!!! :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :banana:

I feel for ya Chris...as Jeff, Doug, Warren and I begin to pull away...

·
FYJIGM
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
swmnkdinthervr said:
Just bought the kit, cams and all...(98")...ummm gotta pay for it tomorrow morning but reserved it tonight, we got more back in taxes this year than we'd hoped!!! :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :banana:

I feel for ya Chris...as Jeff, Doug, Warren and I begin to pull away...
I bought the 98" kit on Friday. Will have it this week. I am waiting for my tax return to come back before I buy the cams, get the head work done, ignition etc. Can't wait!!! Did you get the kit on sale?

·
We're still here ya know
689 Posts
Can me and my twinkie still ride with you monsters? I'll promise to keep at least a 1/2 mile behind you....that will be easy won't it? :D

1 - 20 of 268 Posts